Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25091 by Michelle Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:53 pm
from hall mendoza < [email protected] >
to Michelle
date Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM
subject *****************************ACCEPTANCE******************************
mailed-by gmail.com

Hello

Thanks for your prompt reply, and also i can see your willingness in this rent your application form is being approved and you are now qualify for this rent.So as i shall be giving you our home,please again take care of the place so that i might be glad when coming to see how neat you keep the place.Hope everything about this process is fine with you. However.

So if you are ready to rent the home now, that will not be a problem but i will advice you due to a responsible and reliable person like you to deposit the First month rent now to move in,Also i would like to send the following documents/keys to you Via DHL Courier Service to the address you provided so once i send it to this address and the tracking number will be sent to you .So that you can possible occupy our home immediately. Once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not disappoint me and i promise you that you will love the home.I am ready to give you the place for short or long term lease or more and because all i need is a responsible and reliable person for the place.

HERE IS THE FLAT ADDRESS:25 St Michael's Crescent Luton, Bedfordshire LU3 1LZ, UK

Here are the contents of the packages
1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent home form (Containing your reference details)
3)The home documentary file.
4)First month Rent Payment Receipt

So I am with your information here with me and I will like to know whether you are ready for the payment of the First month rent so that i can proceed with the delivery of the KEYS AND DOCUMENT to the address you provided in the Application Form ,So let me know If I can send you me Information in Africa which you will be using to make payment via Western Union to me,So I can get all the package sent to you ASAP immediately your deposit is being confirmed..I will get back to you with the Tracking details and the Arrival time of the package if the payment is done asap Pls call me @ +2348137674720.......

Can't wait to hear from you soon
Thanks so much
Love in Christ and God Bless
Regards
Hall

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement