Room for Rent and other rental scams
#173053 by Con Warner Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:17 am
To: Con Warner
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:11
Subject: Re: - $650 / 1br - Well Furnished Apartment near U of A and LRT Station (Edmonton, AB)

Hello

Thanks for your response regarding your interest in having my apartment for rent.It is in a conduscive atmosphere that is close to everything.The apartment is much available for now but what happened is that I am now presently in West Africa for my Hospitals Project prayer crusade for 2 years with my wife and we have the keys right here with us.I will like to inform you that it was due to my transfer that makes us to leave the apartment and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at all time and the person that will rent it will have to take it as if it were his/her own..So for now,We are here in West Africa, our new home and also with the keys of the apartment,we were trying to look for an agent that we could give this document before we left but could not see and we are as well as don’t want our apartment to be used any how in our absent that is why we took it along with us here..We are only willing to give the apartment out to a lovely and caring person only, so if you know you cannot give the apartment the neatness it deserves please don’t contact me.But if you promise to always take good care of the apartment,get back to me on how you could take care of our apartment or perhaps experience you have in renting a home. I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP,My cell phone number is +234-802-956-9995.

Below is the application form for you to fill and discuss on how to get the apartment for rent and also to know if you are qualify,Kindly confirm your interest by filling the form below:

TENANT RENT APPLICATION
FIRST NAME: __________________
MIDDLE NAME: __________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
DATE OF BIRTH___________________
PHONE (____) __________ (CELL)
PHONE (____) __________ (WORK)
PHONE (____) __________ (HOME)
MARITAL STATUS: _________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
Home ADDRESS: ___________________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: ______________
POSTAL CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? _______________________________________________________________________
CURRENT RENT: _______
DO YOU HAVE A CAR?
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LEAVING IN THE APARTMENT
IF THIS APARTMENT IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
HOW MANY MONTHS WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO PAY AS UPFRONT? ______________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into God's hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

Regards…

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement