Room for Rent and other rental scams
#173243 by Michelle Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:31 pm
Date: August 5, 2013, 8:48:30 AM CDT
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: - $850 / 3br - Beautifully expanded Cape Cod in great location! Lrg LR and DR are bri (ARLINGTON HEIGHTS)
Reply-To: Hdjef Kj <[email protected]>

Greetings!
Thanks for your email and your interest in my house and The house is still available. Me and my wife decided to rent the house because we are going to spend more time here in Lesage WV, i mean about 4-5 years. Let me start by introducing myself. I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business..However, My name is Jason Mccoy. I own the house, Due to my job as a Medical Doctor, I works for American Red Cross Lutheran Hospital Donor Center, and now i have been transfer to work in a branch in Lesage WV.
We spent less time in the States so we could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when We knew how long we are going to stay in Lesage WV that We decided to rent out the house not for the price to have someone who will occuppy and take very proper care of the property in our absent.
However, the initial plan was to sell out the house. which we tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell. The utilities are included in the rent, because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take it as if it were yours.

FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.
AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Firepit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

Address : 927 N Haddow Ave,Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Number of Bedrooms:3
Number of Bath: 2.5
RENT : $850
DEPOSIT :$700

RENTALS APPLICATION FORM
FIRST NAME:__________________
MIDDLE NAME: _________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
HOME PHONE (____) __________
(CELL)PHONE (____) __________
(WORK)PHONE (____) __________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: ______________
ZIPCODE: ____________
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT SENT TO ME___________________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE___________________________

Await your response with the filled Rental Application form.
Thanks
Mccoy

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement