Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25190 by Michelle Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 am
To: Michelle
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: GORGEOUS AND SPACIOUS 2 BEDROOM FLAT FOR RENT IN LUTON
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010

Hi,
I got your response concerning my AD. The home is still available but presently I’m not around.. I did bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in West Africa and fortunately I won the bidding so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my company set up because I will still have to rebid for it in the next 5 years. I came over here with my wife, we both bought the home when we got married. As soon as we settle down here I had a thought of selling the home but later my wife advised against that. She said we may not be able to win the bidding next time, in other to keep our head when we return that we have to keep the home. I reasoned with her and accepted her advise. If you notice, you will discovered that the price we are offering is far below standard price, this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. I know there is no way I can be sure that you are the right person to live in the home because we won’t be able to see physical before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy
the space. But I just had a feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should know that maintaining a building is mandatory, so if
you belief you can take good care of the home and handle it like yours then I will be more than happy to
let you rent the home.
Please if you are ready now to occupy the home kindly provide the information below for record purpose..
NOTE:YOU WILL BE VIEWING ONLY THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOME.
********RENT APPLICATION FORM*******
********PRIVATE &CONFIDENTIAL********
Full Name__________________________________________________ Home Phone ( ) ________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( ) ___________________
Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________old Rent __________Mobile Number ( ) ____________________________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the home____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
Move In Date____________________________
How long are you willing to stay____________________________

Home Address
7 Leagrave Rd Luton LU4 8, UK

Description
this beautiful bedroom home!! Comes with ALL of the following appliances; front loading washer/dryer, stove/oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and a microwave. New carpet and a gas fireplace in the room. the bedroom is with high ceilings and large windows.
RENTAL FEATURES
Features
Central heat Fireplace Walk-in closet
Family room Living room Dishwasher
Refrigerator Stove/Oven Microwave
Washer Dryer Laundry area – inside
Balcony, Deck, or Patio Yard Cable-ready
COMMUNITY FEATURES
Garage parking
No Smoking
Rent:100pwk
Best Regards
Perry Dean
YOU CAN REACH ME ON THE NUMBERS BELOW
+2348084857011.....

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement