Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25197 by Michelle Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 am
To: Michelle
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: 1br- Graceful 1 Bed Apartment! VIEW DETAILS! Move in Special in Birmingham
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010

May the Peace of the Lord be Upon you and Regarding the apartment in UK ,Thanks for your interest in our property and sorry for the late response. 1drm.,\\ 1full bath home features granite counter tops,living roomand dining room or den, tiled floors and all appliances. The kitchenopens to a private backyard. The home is on a no-thru street creating minimal traffic. State of the art recreation center My wife and family have been relocated to France ,Europe while i am here in state uk LONDON UK( CHELSEA ) for a missionary work with human right awareness in conjuction with i will not be coming back until five yrs from now. Before we depart from Home, I wanted to sell the house before My wife advised that we should rent it out than to sell it. On getting here, I discovered that my missionary work will last for 5 years so I decided to look for a responsible and caring person to maintain and take proper care of my House as I do.we search for a God fearing and reputable agent who can take good care of the house, but we couldn't get anyone then. We left with the key, codes and papers. I'm willing to rent out the house to a tenant who is able to come up with 1 months rent and security deposit rent as a deposit and I will like him/her to assure me that the house will be properly managed. or as the tenant pleases. I'm giving out the property with such a reasonable amount of 250 pounds and security deposity 250 pounds utilities included,, the security is refundable after one month you move in because I am only paying God back for his kindness and mercy over me and my family with what I have, that`s why I asked for such a reasonable amount. It`s also a pride for me to work for him on a missionary work. Also I need someone/a family that will take good care of the house as their own property. Firstly, you can go take a look at the Neighborhood and exterior part of the house because you will not be able to go inside to see the interior hence I have all the keys and security code here with me. But now am in uk Chelsea so just give me a call
Let me also tell you a little about my self,I own a three restaurant in ARIZONA I have so many cars I leave fine in my whole life. I don't really believe in God I smoke and I Drunk in my entire life,suddenly I got married to my Wife we married for 4years without Children we are hoping that one day we are going to have a children after 5years we moved closer to God and I started praying after 6month God said yes to our prayer,we had a baby boy after 1year I discovered that the boy can't work nor stand by himself we spent so many money we do everything but nothing as been done.
when the boy clock 5plus,I was advised by my pastor that I should fast for 3days and God is going to say yes to our prayer and I do as he said and after seven days of the fasting the boy was illed.Since then I decided to move closer to him I own three house in the State.And I want you to believe in him I want to tell you that he is existing
you are Blessed.

If you can assure me that you can take proper care of the property and also you can afford 1months rent and deposit to move in, so below is the rent application form so that you can fill it out and send it back to me If you can do all this for me, then I will be willing to rent my house to you.
RENTAL APPLICATION FORM
1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ _______
3)How old are you___________________________ __
4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
5)Occupation __ _________________________
6)Current rent payment ____ __________________________ ___________
7)Reason for moving out?_______ _________
8 )How many people will be living in the flat ____________ _________________
9)The rent fee available now __ ____________________________ ___________
10)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
11)When do you intend to move in ___
12)Do you have a pet _____________________________________
13)Do you smoke
14)Pictures of the new tenant---------------------
Awaiting your reply soon. May you and your family continue to be blessed
Here is my phone number# +447024035542
Yours Sincerely.
Thank you and remain Blessed.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement