Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25234 by Michelle Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 am
To: Michelle
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: Amazing 2bedroomss recently refurnished flat for rent Bakery Close Exeter, Devon
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010

Thanks, It is my pleasure that you have interested in my flat and it is my gladness to hear from you.we are the owner of the flat you are making enquiry of. The flat still available and presently we have packed out due to my work and right now we are resided in West Africa due to the nature of my job where we got our new home presently our flat is still available for rent at the rate of 300 Pounds per month including the utilities like,washer and security,it is fully furnished.More so i will like you to know that you are going promise me to take good care of the flat, i am a honest person i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to treat the flat as yours honest person for my Flat.And i will like you to know that i am going to send you the Key and the document to you if you are fully interested

Everything included:
- water
-electricity
- Laundry (washer / dryer)
- Internet, cable TV and phone-line
- Parking
-Storag
Gas
MORE DETAILS
FURNISHED
PERIOD PROPERTY
SPACIOUS AND LIGHT
KITCHEN BREAKFAST ROOM
POPULAR AREA
2 BEDROOM
GOOD TRANSPORT LINKS

ADDRESS OF THE FLAT,,,,
54 Old Bakery Close Exeter, Devon EX4 2UZ, UK

Landing 22'1" x 5'10" ( 6.73m x 1.78m )
Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
Bedroom 1 24'20" x 10'5" ( 3.91m x 3.18m )
Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2..08m x 1.78m )
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE.

RENT APPLICATIONS FORM

Also,Pls let me get this answer..
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address
3)How old are you?
4)How many people will be living in the house?
5)Do you have a pet?
6)Do you have a car?
7)Profession?
8 )Your phone #
9)One month deposit is needed to move in
10)when do you want to move in ?
11..}when are you willing to leave the place.
12.}Reference Details:
13.}Pictures of all occupant that will stay in the Flat:
14}Passport ID

So i am ready to ship the key and the document to you if you know you are ready so get back to me as soon as possible Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.and here the formal tenant Mr Willson +44702 409 4058 and you can him

Best Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement