Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25300 by Michelle Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 am
Subject: RE: Respuesta a tu anuncio "Brand New Furnished Apartment In Full Service Building - Includes Parking!" en LoQUo
To: Michelle
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 8:08 PM

Thanks for the email and it is my gladness hearing from you. I am the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry of. Actually i resided in the flat with my family, such as my wife and my only daughter before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place on a Christian missionary work and now situated in the United State Of America and presently my apartment is still available for rent.Including the utilities like hydro, washer and security, it is furnished but if you which to move in with your furnishes no problem.

CATHOLIC BIBLE CHURCH OF LORD
Pls i want you to note that i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent, i will want you to take absolute maintenance of my apartment and want you to treat it as your own, money is not the most important thing but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENTAL APPLICATION FORM BELOW..

Also, Pls let me get this answer.
FIRST NAME:__________________
MIDDLE NAME:_________________
LAST NAME:__________________
PROFESSION:________________POSITION:__________
HOME PHONE (____)__________
(CELL)PHONE (____)__________
(WORK)PHONE (____)__________
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________
CITY:_______________
STATE:______________
ZIPCODE:____________
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING?____________
CURRENT RENT PAYMENT:____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________
DO YOU HAVE A PET:_____________
NAME OF PET:_____________
IS THE RENT FEE AVAILABLE NOW?______________
REASON FOR MOVING OUT?______________
KIND OF PETS:_____________
DO YOU SMOKE?______________
DO YOU DRINK?______________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt to you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you. Note that the keys and documents of my apartment is with me here in United State Of America. Please we are giving you the apartment base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words, you know that we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

APARTMENT INFORMATION
Bedrooms:1Bedroom
Bathrooms1Bathroom
Rent per month: 270EurosFirst Month Rent Fee)
Deposit Req'd: First month 270Euro)
Application Fee: 0.00Euro
Parking: Reserved.
Available: Now
Smoking: Allowed
Lease terms: As long as you wish

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement