Room for Rent and other rental scams
#174802 by Con Warner Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:46 am
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for your interest in my house However my name is Pastor Daniel George,
Due to my job as a missionary of God Almighty , I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent
issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in
Nigeria that I decided to rent out the house However, the initial plan
was to sale out the house. which I tried, but sometimes the agents
inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this
in-case if you find the house on another website, that is the Old
Advert, because of this reason and more we need a responsible person
that can take very good care of it as we are Not after the Money , but
We want it to be clean and for you to take it as your own property. It
includes facilities such as water and heat laundry facilities,air condition, eat Kitchen,
dryer,internet and telephone access and a car park and other necessary
facilities,also comes with trash collection,pets are allowed as well as
long as they are not destructive So if you know you are capable of the
task,get back to me so that can provide you with some questions that I
would want you to answer If you are still interest.
Waiting for your response asap

Regard,
Pastor Daniel George

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Hello my new tenant
My family and I have gone through your application form that you filled and everything is okay by us.
You can rent our house because we are coming back to state in the next 2-3 years, but i will be visiting you once in 4 months, to see how you are taking care of the home and if anything need to be repair, but if anything came up before then,just inform me then i will ask you to fix it back and you will deduct it from the next month rent! Also you can move out any time, just inform me a month before your leave.

We are very excited and willing to let you to move inside our house as soon as possible and I have conclude with my family on accepting payment of the security deposit from you to move in as soon as you are ready, But you are to up front the shipping fee payment only for now which is 150$ to Received the keys and document first at hand before your moving in date and it will be deliver to you by the FedEx fast delivery company in the next 24 hours at your door step and the shipping fee payment will be deducted from your security deposit after you view and move inside the house ...
As soon as possible you received the keys and the document and you move inside the house you will send me the complete house rent and the balance of the security deposit is that okay by you ????
The package containing the keys and documentations will be delivered to you within 24 hours through FedEx fast delivery company to the address that you have provided when filling the rental application after the the shipping fee payment is done....

Here are the contents of the document.
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form
3) The house documentation file.

We have make inquiries on how you can get the shipping fee payment to us and we were told that Money Transfer Facilities is the best way, also I will like Western Union or Money Gram swift Money Transfer, that will be better,I will advise you to pay now so that you can have all the keys and paperwork and also secure the home until your moving date!
So get back to me and i will give you the payment information you will use to send the money to me, also you can reach me on this number now and i will give you a call anytime from now because am almost on my way to Church for a prayer meeting
(+23481-3753-5511 or 011234-8137-535-511) call me ASAP..

Thanks and God Bless you.....
Pastor Daniel
Remain Bless

Western Union information

Receiver Name: Daniel George
Address: 120 board road Lagos
City:Lagos
Zip Code: 23401
Text Question:In God
Answer: We Trust

As soon as you you finish making the payment get back to me with the Following Information such as,

1:Sender Full Name?
2:Sender Address?
3:MTCN of 10 digits number issued to you by western union?
4:Amount Sent?
5:Text Question?
6:Answer?

Thanks. I will be waiting to read from you as soon as the payment is done,Also i will give you a call asap.
Pastor

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement