Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25340 by Michelle Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm
Subject: Re: 300 € - This one bedroom Barcelona apartment has room enough for up to 4 guests.
To: Michelle
Date: Friday, March 19, 2010, 12:08 PM

Hi Flat Mate
I have 2 rooms for rent Starting today I have to short-term andlong-term .. PS (I'm not in Australia)I went to USA for international relationshipss study for just 3month, I'm sorry, we cannot meet now or make an appointment to visit my apartment for the time being, if you are still interested email me for that May we proceed)

About the apartment:
300Euro per month, it's inculding all bills
Camera Accessories:
Linen provided
Linen provided
Double glazing
Gas heating
Fireplace
Equipped Kitchen
Dishwashers
Four
Refrigerator
Microwave
Washer
Dryer
Hardwood
Floors
Bath
TV Set
DVD Player
Hi-Fi Set
Outdoor Features:
Balcony
View
Paris stone building
Monument View
Facilities:
Secure access
Internet / Cable
Nearest Services:
Fitness Center
Restaurants
Stores
Supermarkets
Banks
Hospital
Schools
Category: Superior
Managed: By Me
Area (m2): 90
Floor: 1
Room (s): 2
Bathroom (s): 2
Living Room (s): Double

About me:
My name is Tom Vicky, and I'm easy going 18 male. My hobbies are swimming, reading and travel. In fact, I was in the United Kingdom, Italy and recently in Holland, I lived most of my life in the United States of America. I also like going out with friends and with people but I have not had the opportunity to go out with my friends that I've been busy with my studies and I am looking for my great teachers soon. :) My Dad lived here in this apartment with my family, but we later moved to the USA where he died and I am alone in this apartment even though my mother is right now in USA and get married there to another man.You have free and unlimited access to all of the apartment, kitchen, living room and, of course, except my room:)) and you can also have your own visitors.

About you:
Very friendly, easy going, clean.
Please put references or your student status.
Allow Pets
Cash payment for the first month, plus a refundable security deposit of 500Euro to your departure. Payment must be done every first day of each month. Photo available upon request ..
DISTRICT:
Very safe neighborhood, two minutes walk from all types of groceries and shops open till late, the markets for the farmer, large choice of restaurants, cafes, bars. Near many cinemas (original version), as well as gym, gardens, swimming pool. English and international bookstores, famous universities and libraries, art galleries.I hope it suits you well and if you have any further questions, you can certainly ask me, I would be happy to send you photos my apartment and the building also has an agreement so that it can be concluded and you
may move in.

Tom

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement