Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25484 by Michelle Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm
From Kahlan Pinnock < [email protected] >
to Michelle
date 2 April 2010 10:54
subject Re: Reply to your ad: Very Nice Large Two Bedroom Available For Rent In Nottingham
Signed by gmail.com

Thanks for been interested in my Advert..My Name is Mrs Kahlan Pinnock,the owner of the flat you want for rent,actually I resided in the flat with my husband and my only daughter before we had to go for a Christian missionary work in West Africa which we will be staying in Africa for long,my is available for rent at £400 Per Month...So i will like you to know that our flat is available for short and long term,all Bills and Tax including all the utilities and appliances are included in the rent of the flat ( The Flat is Fully Furnished & Can Be Made Unfurnished ).

I’m currently in West Africa on a missionary work of God......Pls i want you to note that,i am a good Christian woman and do not like any thing against the will of God..I spent a lot on my property so i will like you to keep it clean all the time,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of the flat if you are to rent my flat and also i want you to know that the rent fee is not my problem because i will want you to keep the flat tidy when you move in so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come pay you a visit.

My flat is located at: (3 Walter St,Nottingham NG7 4, UK) and is known for excellent schools. Conveniently located with nearby shopping centers, hospitals, free ways and public transportation.

Take Note:You can only drive by and see the flat from the outside and if you are really interested in renting my flat get back to me with the application form filled so that i can make out all arrangement for you to rent my flat and also send you full pictures of the inside of the flat for you to get proper view of the inside.I would have really love to send the keys and document to someone in UK but i don't have anybody there right now due to we are missionaries and we have not stay long in the city before we had to move to west Africa for our final missionary work which we will staying for long before we come back to the flat.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN RENTING THE FLAT I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE

RENT APPLICATION FORM.

************RENT APPLICATION FORM*************

1)Your Full Name:
2)Your Full Address:
3)Phone Number:
4) Sex ?
5)How old are you?:
6)Are you married?:
7)How many people will be living in the Flat?:
8 )Do you have a pet?:
9)Do you have a car?:
10)Occupation?:
11)When do you intend moving in : Date ?
12)When do you intend to moving out : Date ?
13)How many months or year contract?:
14)Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required
15)Picture of the Occupant?

My Flat Location Again:
3 Walter St
Nottingham NG7 4, UK

Monthly Rent: £400
So pls get back to me at your convenience so that we can get all arrangement along with the you renting my flat as soon as you are read to move in.

Regards and God bless you!!!
Mrs Kahlan Pinnock.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement