Room for Rent and other rental scams
#176981 by Con Warner Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks for your Interest, Luckily for you, the Apartment is still Available for your dates, 09/17/13 to 09/24/13, 7-nights = $1050 (@ $150 a night).. 50% of the Rental fee ($525) + $500 Refundable Security deposit. All you need to pay to have the Apartment reserve for your dates = $1025 (cleaning service and taxes inclusive)..

Accommodation and Amenities for this vacation condo rental in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Address:
188 S Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA

Property Type:
* condo

Theme:
* family
* adventure

General:
* cold water dispenser
* paper towels
* security system
* towels provided
* filtered water
* hair dryer
* local maps
* air-conditioning
* central heating

* laundry soap
* restaurant dining guide
* shampoo
* soaps basic
* alarm clock
* local activities guide
* linens provided
* toilet paper

Kitchen:
* dish washer
* freezer
* ice maker
* spices
* microwave
* blender
* refrigerator

* clothes dryer
* cooking utensils
* oven
* toaster
* iron & board
* 4 ring stove
* washing machine

Dining:
* dining area
* seating for 6 people

2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bath
Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Tub, Shower
Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower
Bathroom 3 - Toilet

2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
Bedroom 1 - 1 King
Bedroom 2 - 1 Queen
Master Bedroom Includes balcony. Both Bedrooms include Full Baths, Flat screen TVs with OnDemand Video Services and Cable. Air mattress is available for additional guests up to 6 persons.

Entertainment:
* books
* TV
* CD
* stereo system
* music library
* DVD
* satellite or cable

Internet Access:
* wireless broadband (WiFi)
* internet access

Suitability:
* wheelchair accessible
* children welcome

Local Activities:
* cycling
* walking
* tennis

Onsite Services:
* housekeeper optional

Attractions:
* churches
* cinemas
* groceries
* library
* playground
* ATM/bank
* museums
* fitness center

Leisure Activities:

* live theater

* sight seeing

Nearby Attraction / Facility:
* restaurants

Please note, the balance 50% of the rent will be paid when you arrive at the Apartment and the security deposit will be refunded in cash to you on your departure date.

My method of payment is by Bank Wire Transfer..

More Photos attached and I`m providing you a Contact info of my past Tenants from U.S..

Mr Tom Garry from California, U.S stayed for 4-nights..
[email protected]

Get back to me asap if you`d love to Book, so I can send you the Booking Agreement form, and payment instruction to secure this Wonderful Apartment for your dates.

Reserve asap, before someone else does.

Regards.
Michael Zhang

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement