Room for Rent and other rental scams
#177131 by Michelle Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 am
Date: 24 September 2013 10:31:58 BST
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: One bedroom flat mill road

Thanks for the interest you have in my flat.My flat is still available for rent and you can move in as soon as possible as you like,here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

Type of property : Fully furnished and modern one bedroom flat(Livingroom,double bedroom,bathroom and kitchen)

Rent : £200.00 pwk(£800 per month)All bills inclusive...

Minimum Stay : 1Month

Maximum Stay : 1year(contract renewed every 1 year)

Type of lease : Both short and long term

Security Deposit: £ 800.00 (Refundable at the end of tenancy)

Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas,electricity,council tax, TV license and wireless Internet)

Utility Cost : £ 0.00 pcm

The flat is fully furnished with a fully-equipped kitchen.

Washer/dryer in unit
Central Heating & Double Glazed
Air conditioning
Fireplace/select units
modern English furniture
offstreet parking
pets allowed
Dss allowed

Available for now.
viewing can be arranged asap..

Get back to me if you are satisfied and your present location.

PAUL.

Date: 24 September 2013 11:06:24 BST
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: One bedroom flat mill road

Thanks for your interest in the flat.Yes,viewing is strictly by appointment but only if you can meet up with my solicitors requirements.
My solicitor and i had some past bitter experience of booking a viewing and reserving accommodation for tenants without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled has made me loss time and money for travelling as I currently work and Live in Bradford(BD1 5DN).

I will not collect any deposit from you not until i take you round my flat and you are satisfied with it, i just need to confirm your financial ability before i can come and i will also need to seek two days off from work because some tenants do not meet up with the appointments which has led to the dismissal of some landlords in office by their employees, I hope you understand this.

Therefore my Solicitor has acknowledge a protocol by which you can confirm your financial ability to me before i can make arrangement for viewing,In this case, a bank-statement wont be accepted as we have had wayward tenants tendering fake documents,also you don't need to pay any upfront or reservation yet,all we require is,You transferred at least 1month rent payment(£800) and the security deposit(£800) to your friend,partner or family member living within the UK premises.

You re to make the transfer via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER to any relative or friend of yours been the receiver and you get back to me with scan copy of the receipt which will be given to you by WESTERN UNION agent and if you don't have scanner you may write out the details as it is stated on the receipt which am to forward to my solicitor to confirm if truly the funds is in your receiver's custody for pickup and genuine,After the verification has been done,i will call or email you to have your receiver pick it up.Note that the transfer charges will be refund as soon as we meet in my flat for viewing.This procedure is strictly meant for assurance,if you are capable of paying my rent as of when it is due.If this can be done as soon as possible,i will reserve the flat for you and schedule a viewing with you at your own earliest and convinient time..

Kindly reply or feel free to call me if you have questions to ask. +447031843889.

Regards

PAUL.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#181164 by umcia Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:13 am
I found this guy yeastarday http://muslim-ads.co.uk/a-fully-furnish ... l-london/a

I wrote to him a question if apartment is still available.He wrote me back at 2.30 AM" Thanks for the interest you have in my flat.My flat is still available for rent and you can move in as soon as possible as you like,here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit..."
I wrote him also that I have a little baby so if there is no problem with that so he wrote me back 8) Yes you meet my conditions..No problem at all..I will rent the flat to you,i also have kids and i do not have any problem renting my flat to someone with kid..Let me know how you would like to proceed..Thanks

When I read it I knew he is a scammer :evil: