Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25590 by Michelle Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 am
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:10:22 -0700
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Charming 2 Bedroom
> To: Michelle
>
> Thanks for your interest in my apartment.. I am a Molecular Biologist working full time in Washington and I will be here for long that is why am putting up the apartment for rent. The apartment is located at: 110 Burgoyne Rd Sheffield, South Yorkshire S6 3QB, UK. Our telephone line is not yet being fixed, the wireless connection is what we use for now.
>
> This unit is available for immediate move in. Modern 2 bedroom & 2 bathroom, The apartment is strategically located in a very cool and lovely environment with five (5) appliances including dish washer with in-suite laundry room and plenty of storage space and parking space . Professional and mature neighbors ensure peaceful living arrangements. Freshly painted and immaculately clean.
>
> The rent is 300GBP per month including utilities and 200GBP for damages deposit....I will like you to drive by to the building today to view the exterior of the building for you to know where the apartment is located and get back to me so that I can forward you the full interior pictures to you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and we can proceed to the next step which is the application process.
>
> Thanks for taking your time in writing me and hope to hear back from you.
> Regards

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#25665 by Michelle Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:36 pm
To: Michelle
Hola

Esto es absolutamente maravilloso, de mi puesto a la hija del anuncio y lo hizo bastante bien. Somos una familia con 2 hijo y una hija 1. Nos acaban de mudarse a Washington esta es la razón por la que quieren alquilar un vistazo a nuestros antigua propiedad. El alquiler incluye todos los servicios públicos y no hay cargos adicionales incurrir. Se permite mascotas con un depósito. La propiedad está amueblada y si tiene el suyo propio. El mobiliario se mueve en el espacio de almacenamiento en la propiedad, usted tendrá que regresar en el apartamento si no está yendo a vivir con tus cosas.
En realidad no quiere alquilar la propiedad, pero mi familia acaba de decidir que lo hacemos, todos los documentos necesarios están aquí con nosotros, incluidos los recibos de alquiler. Nuestra línea telefónica todavía no se fija, la conexión inalámbrica es lo que utilizamos por ahora. Si realmente quiere alquilar la propiedad, usted tendrá que proporcionar la siguiente información;

Nombre y apellidos:
Dirección actual de los solicitantes:

Código postal:

Ph #: Celular y del Hogar:

Correo electrónico:

Soltero o casado:

Niños:
Mascotas: Si ()

Fecha de alquiler:

REFERENCIAS

Referencia:

Ph #:

Quiero que asegurarse de que la dirección actual no se equivoca porque es allí donde las llaves y documentos será enviado a. El contenido del envío que se esperan son:
1. Manojo de llaves de la propiedad.

2. Documentos que contienen el contrato de arrendamiento y la descripción, que incluya la dirección de la propiedad.

3. Recibos de alquiler y recibos de depósito daños.

4. Las fotos de interiores y mi familia, tomé antes de abandonar el lugar.

Quiero que me correo electrónico una vez que se llena el formulario de solicitud de alquiler, el envío del paquete que contiene las claves y otros documentos se envían por servicio de mensajería segura una vez que el pago del depósito se paga.

Gracias

#26140 by Michelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Phil,

Congratulations!!! Your application form has been approved. I really appreciate your willingness in renting my place and i promise you that you will never regret taking my place. I have taken time to go over your application form and i am so impressed and can't stop having the feeling that my place will be well kept by you as promised, and moreso something came to my mind and i felt it'll be better to discuss it with you. Well i'm sure i'll have you wondering what it is...LOL. Anyways its not something scary or that serious, i just wanted to know if you could provide me with one or a couple of your picture so as for me to have an idea who my new tenant is and how you look like (no offense).

I'm willing to keep this as a means of recognition pending the time we'll meet as this will even make it easier for me to quickly identify you by the time i come for a visit in the nearest future. Also in the attachment you'd find a recent picture of me. I wish you all the best and good fortunes as you move into my apartment.

I would be sending the apartment key's and documents to you via DHL EXPRESS to the address you filled in the application form and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can track it to know the exact time the package will be delivered to you the next day.. Below are the document I will be shipping to you once i have received the payment from you.

Here are the contents of the document.
1)Entrance and The Rooms Keys
2)The Apartment Documentary File.
3)Payment Receipt.
4)A Copy Of The Lease Agreement Form

I have the keys and the documents ready for shipment. I will like you to go ahead and send the payment to the below information via Western Union. You are required to pay for the rent which is $550 and the security deposit which is $300.

Receiver's Name: Tammie Elliott
Address: : 308 Bridge Street Clarkston WA 99403 USA

Kindly get back to me with the below information as soon as you send the money via Western Union.

Sender's Name:
Sender's Address:
MTCN # (10 Digit):
Amount Sent:

Once I receive the payment confirmation from you, I will get the keys shipped to you through DHL courier service {Overnight Delivery} and the shipment tracking number will be emailed to you so that you can know the exact time the package will be delivered to you so that you can move in at your own convenience time. Tammie Is my Wife she' ll be the one that will pick up the funds and send you the keys as i am always a very busy person!

Regards,
James

#26141 by Michelle Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm
Alternate opening e-mail:-

Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:38:30 -0700
Subject: Re: $550 Roommate Needed

My name is James Elliott....I'm a Mechanical Engineer working with an Offshore Oil Industry, I work as a senior project manager but presently am in Washington..... I will be here for long so I'm looking for a responsible & clean roommate that will be able to take good care of my apartment.. The apartment is available for long term and short term lease is also accepted..... The apartment is located at: 2405 Crotona Ave apt 18 Bronx NY 10458

Its a spacious and lovely 2-bedroom fully furnished apartment with utilities included and pets are allowed. Kitchen completely equipped. I want you to know that I am a kind and honest man and I spent a lot on my property that you are interested in renting, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of the apartment and I would want you to treat it as your own, I would like you to keep it tidy always and I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word,the rental fees is $550 per month including utilities and the security deposit is $300.....

I will like you to drive by to the building today to view the exterior of the building for you to know where the apartment is located and get back to me so that I can forward you the full interior pictures to you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and we can proceed to the application form..

I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards