Room for Rent and other rental scams
#178574 by Con Warner Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:59 pm
Subject: Re: - $600 / 2br - A cute home located in a quiet Glendale Crestwood area This home featu (Glendale, WI )
To: Con Warner

Hi,

Thanks for your Keen and obvious interest in our beautiful home,Before now its been an issue putting out our home for rent due to the bond we have developed with the house,Listening to advises from friends and since there are no family member around to take care of the house we decided to do this.Firstly i will like to share with you about my little family, I am a site project manager and my wife has a private practice as an attorney, i am a native of Glendale, WI . Actually I did reside in the house with my family and presently we have moved out due to my official job transfer in La Vergne, TN, as a site project manager with Hattiesburg Construction Company. I wanted to sell the house but my wife suggest i rent it out to whoever that is ready to occupy it, So i will no longer sell it but I need to make sure you will take very good care of the house.

As it has been a tough decision for us,we require a very nice,experienced and genuine family to help keep the bond that we have with our home.Our house is intact with all amenities intact and working in perfect conditions,I would like to emphasize that you will find your new home enjoyable and you will definitely feel at home.Also the neighborhood is quite at peace and welcoming.

We have a cordial relationship with the neighborhood as it is a neighborhood where,everyone keep to themselves go about their business without interference from
anybody and we expect that as you move in.Please keep to yourselves as this Our (home) that will become yours will provide all the warmth and joy that you require.

Endeavor as much as you can to keep the home tidy,the amenities in perfect working conditions and treat this home just like you would treat your own house.

we will appreciate if you could take your time to fill out the Rent/Lease application form below as we would like to keep proper documentation.

****RENT APPLICATION DETAILS****
Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose:
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name__________________________________________________ Home Phone ( & nbsp; ) ________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( ) ___________________
Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
How soon can you have the deposit and rent payment sent to me_________________________
How soon do you want to receive the keys________________________________________
Move In Date____________________________
Your Family Pictures ____________________________

You will only be able to drive by the house for now but you will not have access into the house until we have sent the keys and documents of the house to you.

Please note that your rent starts counting from move in date so you need not to worry about making the deposit payment now and not moving in immediately because all you're doing is securing the house in your favor in order not to loose it to other interested applicants.

5770 N Dexter Ave, Glendale, WI 53209

A cute home located in a quiet Glendale Crestwood area This home features 2 bedrooms with brand new appliances, including Oven, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer and Dryer. Central Air and a detached garage. House is available now...

Bed(s):2
Bath(s):1
Type:Single Family House
Sq/Ft:1,031 sq ft
Rent:$600
Security Deposit:$400
Utilities included in the rent
Pet Allowed
Utilities included in the rent
Lease Terms :
A Year and More

Mr.Edward Rucker and Family
Cell: (323) 379-4972
HATTIESBURG CONSTRUCTION COMPANY.
PROJECT MANAGER

Original posting:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/4119172701.html

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement