Room for Rent and other rental scams
#178613 by Michelle Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:11 am
henry armstrong <[email protected]>
21:32 (11 hours ago)

to Michelle
Hi,

I apologize for not replying you so fast,just that i got busy with work after the post. The property is still available for rent,and in there are pictures of how the property looks like,but here are further elucidation about the property. The property is a building with beautiful surroundings,and i strongly believe it's a property anybody will love to live in,because it is kept very clean and well decorated in an attractive modern style. It is a property with a classic spacious living room, with Two master bedrooms which all has an in built bathroom and toilet,including it's standard kitchen.a kitchen every lady will love to make use of,my wife never wanted us to vacate the property due to the settings of the kitchen. It is a kitchen every lady will love to cook in,and the property has every necessary homely facilities you might be in need of. The property comprises of reception hallway,large bright lounge with a dining space,also with luxury fully integrated kitchen,separated bedrooms,both with fitted wardrobes,master with en suite shower room with designer sanitary ware, separate bathroom with over bath shower and utility cupboard.gas central heating.double glazing and private residents parking space. As well as you won't have to worry about the location of the property,because it is located in a preferable area,with very good transport link.

Spring Gardens, London SW1A 2BA

Rent...350per..per room...Deposit...450

Regards

Henry

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#178667 by Michelle Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:11 am
henry armstrong <[email protected]>
to Michelle Banks

What you have to provide is very simple,i am just in need of a confirmation proof,and these is due to some previous predicament that i have gone through in trying to rent my other property to some students. I have realize so many people are not really in need of a property at the moment,all they do is secure a place in advance. My last experience in trying to rent the property to a particular professional lady got me to predicate on these,she made me believe she was willing and ready to get the property,she even went to the extend of showing me her statement of account,which made me felt so comfortable and took her for the viewing,but after the viewing,she got to love it and she never wanted to loose it,so she kept pleading i retain it for her because she wasn't financially composed at the moment,and i did because i understood her situation,but it all ended up disastrously.

So basically for me to be sure of you been willing and ready to get the property i will implore you walk into any Western Union outlet and send the rent bills plus the deposit to any of your friend,relative or your partner via Western Union,or your partner should send it to you,all i need is for you to get back to me with a scan copy of the receipt issued to you after making the transaction via western union so i can confirm it. After the confirmation, we shall arrange for the viewing immediately, and after the viewing, your partner can go and withdraw the money for you from the western union, but i have to confirm it first because it's based on a protocol. I hope you understand,Thanks.