Room for Rent and other rental scams
#178750 by Michelle Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:44 am
Date: Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Michelle Banks

Hello Dear,

Thanks for the Email. My husband and I own the house and also want you to know that it was due to my husband transfer to ( West Africa , Nigeria ) that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person and God fearing person who can take very good care of the house in my absence..we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. My Name is Kelly L Dangelmaier.

So for now, We are in West Africa and will be staying here for the next 5 years in our new house and also with the document of the house for rent, we try to look for another Agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not find, and we as well do not want our house to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along with us.

We came to West Africa under (WHO) World Health Organization(WHO).. WHO is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.Visit our website for more information if you also want to make an impact to the world. http://www.who.int/about/en/. I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the House.. The House is very big and nice and it is in a nice area I have received many proposals today for our property.

So i hope you will promise us that you will take very good care of the house. So get back to me if you know you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home.Hope you are okay with the price of $1200 per month and the security Deposit is $800.Get back to me for the rental application...You can go and view the property.

Here is the Address bellow:

Address: 3994 Alcoa Dr
City: Fairfax
State: VA

Pets Allowed
Here is my husband contact Number +2348122743681 or 0112348122743681, he will attend to you better

Regards
Kelly and Frank Dangelmaier

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement