Room for Rent and other rental scams
#179372 by Michelle Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:07 am
2013/10/12 Rossella Marinozzi <[email protected]>
Hello,

Thanks so much for the email and your interest in the apartment I'm offering. It's actually a newly renovated and fine 2 bedroom flat. The flat is equipped with a very big, cozy and charming livingroom with a floorboard and also a dining area, a cozy sitting area and a beautiful sunny balcony that has mirror, chairs, table, curtain and sofa bed. The bedroom is well equipped and furnished with a sliding door, small storage area and a wardrobe and a very fine bathroom with a washing machine and a bath tub.
The kitchen is well equipped with all the important kitchen utensils such as cooking utensils kitchen knife, pans, pots, wine glasses, crockery, flatware, fridge, oven and stove etc and the kitchen is also equipped with a dining area.
The apartment has all the facilities required like central heater, very fast internet and so many more facilities.
The flat is in a very quiet, calm and area with a park and shopping mall very close by, the building has it's own private garage for many parking.
The actual price for a single room is 350 euro monthly with all bills included and the whole two bedroom apartment cost 700 euro monthly all bills included and a security caution of 450 euro which is refundable on moving out of the apartment when nothing is discovered spoilt or lost during your stay in the apartment. Internet usage, linen and final cleaning are required.
The flat is at 10247 Berlin Friedrichshain Frankfurter Allee 79.
You can contact me for all enquiries, information and pictures of the flat. Pictures are available if you want. You can contact me via instant messenger. My skype name is fun.city5.

Regards,

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement