Room for Rent and other rental scams
#25867 by Michelle Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm
To: Michelle
Subject: RENT APPLICATION FORM FOR YOUR RENT DOCUMENT
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:50:12 +0000

Good day to you,

It is a great pleasure to me that you are interested in my property.Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you today. I am Mr: John Alex the owner of the house you are making inquiry of. Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and my only daughter before,and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in (Scotland) because Am an X-ray welder under ship building. I left United Kingdom with my wife and my only daughter, hoping of coming back in a month's time but right now the company have asked me to stay for up to 2 yrs because of my brilliant performance and experiences under contract with them that is why i have made up my mind to put up my property for rent, because i don't want my property to remain vacant and dirty, full with cob-web.

So, i want you to promise me that you will take good care of my property like your own. Presently my house is still available for rent for £400 per month, including the Amenities like: Hydro, Security, Fireplace, High/Vaulted ceiling, Walk-in closet, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Stove/Oven, Microwave Dryer,PlayStation2 with DDR Mat, PlayStation2 Games, Music, and Movies provided. Toaster, Refrigerator with Water and Ice Maker, All Linens provided including 230TC Sheets, Super-soft Towels, and Colorful Beach Towels, Ironing Board and Iron, and Three Blow Dryers.Two Adult Bicycles, Air Conditioning, WasherDryer, Linens Provided Beds: Queen Bed, 2 twin , 1 full sleeper Entertainment Cable 3TV's( FLAT SCREEN IN LIVING ROOM),3 DVD's, Kitchenette , Cooking Utensils Provided Refrigerator Microwave, stove Communications WiFi (Wireless Internet) Suitability Pet Friendly, Smoking Allowed outside .

The Below are Some Information you need to know about the property.

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED, I WANT YOU TO FILL OUT THE RENT APPLICATION FORM, YOUR REFERENCES AND ALSO TAKE NOTE OF THE INFORMATION BELOW:

RENT APPLICATION FORM:

Also,Pls let me get this answer, So that i can list it in the Rent Application Form here.

1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8 )Occupation?
9)What is your religion?
10)How many months do you want to rent?
11)First month deposit is required?

Looking forward to hearing back from you with all this details today,so that i can have them in my file,in case of issuing your rent payment receipt to you and for contacting you.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated today,so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys of my house to you, please I am giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to sticks to your words, you know that,we do not see yet and am only putting everything into GOD hand,so please do not let me down on this my property and may GOD bless you and your family more as you do this.
Hope to hearing back from you as soon as possible today.

Thanks alot and you are all welcome.

Best Regards.
Mr:John Alex
The Property Owner

To: Michelle
Subject: Congratulation You Have Been Accepted To Be My New Tenant..
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010

Thanks for getting back to me, Am very happy to hear back from you, So all the Rental Information is accepted and willing be just down for issuing of the receipt and future propose that mean you have qualified to be my new tenant...Congratulations to you.

Moreover, i can see your willingness in this rent.. I shall giving you my property for rent, Please again take good proper care of my Property. i know you are such a responsible person that I can trust with all my heart.. Reading through your mails I discovered that you are intelligent, hard working and truth worthy person and I want you to sticks on your words as a good responsible and trustworthy person that I can trust with all my hearts.....

Also i will like you to know that i will be sending the keys and all the neccesery document of the house to you as soon as the payment is confirmed so Here are the contents of the packages that will be delivered to you by DHL Int'l Delivery Company below as soon as possible.

1)Entrance and the room Keys.
2)Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details).
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.

CONFIRM YOUR DELIVERY INFORMATION:
Packages Receiver's Name: Michelle
Packages Delivery Address: 419 Rue De La Remarks

So i want you to know that, I will have my property documents send to you based on trust and I hope you will not disappoint me on this?, Please i will like you always make my property neat and tidy, because I worked very hard to get my property that I want to give you for rent, and I don't want my property to be use any how in presence of my life and I hope you will help me treat my property like if it's your own? So i will like you to get back to me as soon as possible so that i can know how i will get the package shipout to you.
Awaiting your response as soon as possible.

Thanks And Bless You My Tenant To Be.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement