Room for Rent and other rental scams
#181574 by Con Warner Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:20 pm
Subject: Re: Lead for 1210 Halpin Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45208
Date: November 15, 2013 11:11
To: Con Warner

I must confess that I am very very new in this landlord business..However, My name is David F Cristman,I own the house located at (1210 Halpin Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45208).Due to my job as a missionary I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Cleveland, OH that I decided to rent out the house and i will be here for (4-5 years).. How ever,the initial plan was to sale out the house.which I tried, but some times the agents inflates the prize and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website,that is the old advert. because of this reason and more we need a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money , but want it to be clean and for you to take of it as if it were yours The rent is $600 and $600 for Security Deposit For this 3BR/2Bath/1800 sqft. Air Conditioner Dishwasher Walk-in Closet Refrigerator Vaulted Ceilings Washer/Dryer Cable etc...Below is my phone numbers
216-640-9350

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name__________________________
Home Phone ( )________________________
Cell Phone ( ) ___________________
Date of Birth_________________________
Current Address_______________________
City____________State______ Zip______
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $________
Are you married_______________________
How many people will be living in the house___________
Do you smoke____________
Do you have a pet___________________________
Do you have a car___________________________
Occupation____________________ ________
Move In Date__________________________ __
How soon can you make the payment_____________
How soon do you want to receive the keys and the document______
Application
============================== =======Please make sure this questions are fill correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your applications.I know you would want to see the house before making any kind of rental payment , which is understandable.We can make arrangement for the keys and documentation including an Authorization letter to be shipped to you,this will give you the opportunity to view house.
Regards
David F Cristman
216-640-9350

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement