Room for Rent and other rental scams
#182762 by Con Warner Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:07 am
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: $1400 / 3br - 1625ft² - Town Home w/ Vaulted Ceilings, Fireplace, Garage Backyard. (rohnert pk / cotati)

Hello,

Thanks for showing an interest, We personally own the home, And we want it to be in proper hands by the acceptance tenant, While we have some rules and regulation to be abide and we don't want you to disrespect the rules, But if you are still capable of renting this property the rules and regulation are.

Tenant must keep the home clean including the surroundings, tenant must not disturb the neighbor's as it was a very good neighborhood. We decided to rent out the property due to our decision on going to missionary work in Texas, We left on a self Mission following God’s Call to Preach the Word and Let people of all Nations Hear About Him.So we are currently in San Antonio, TX

We need someone to take proper care of the property on our absent. We plan to rent it through a Real Estate Agent in the past, but they are not serious and trustworthy simply because they have a lot of houses to rent out and they added some money to the rent while the commission they are asking not fair so The house is available for rent up to 4 years or more, so you are free to decide on how long you intend occupying it.

We are honest and serious people willing to rent out the home to a good family, But, nevertheless we are giving out this rules because of what correspond between me and the previous tenant so The keys and documents are with me here in Texas because i am handling the renting myself Until We have the house rent out here, so we won't be able to see physical before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy the space. But I just had a feeling that anyone who knows what it takes to put the kind of structure down should know that maintaining a building is mandatory

Number of Bedrooms: 3
Number of bath: 2.0
SQ FT: 1,625
Pets Allowed: Cats, Dogs etc.
Rent: $ 1400
Deposit: $ 1000
Total Cost to Move in is $ 2400

Here is the Address : 1204 Capri Way Rohnert Park, CA 94928.. You can only drive by the home and take a look at the area and surrounding but won't be able to inspect the Interior because the key's and the document's to the House are with me here. I will be more than happy to let you rent the house if you can promise me & my family that you will surely take very good care of the house for us as if it was your own. So kindly Get back to us with the Rental Application form below soon so i can preview with my wife and get back to you.

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF & RENT APPLICATION FORM

YOUR FULL NAME:__________________
PROFESSION: ________________
(CELL)PHONE () __________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
HOW OLD ARE YOU:________
ARE YOU MARRIED: ________
PRESENT ADDRESS(WHERE YOU RESIDE NOW________
HOW LONG? ______________IF RENTING
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING THE HOUSE________
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
IF THIS Home IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? _______________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
DEPOSIT & A MONTH RENT IS NEEDED___________________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE___________________________
MONTHLY INCOME:
IF YOU HAVE A PET:
NAME OF PET: _____________
KIND OF PETS: _____________
HABITS : DO YOU SMOKE? ___________
DO YOU DRINK? ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____
Pictures Of All Occupant If Available?___

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you, please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely home. You are advised to act fast on this so you don't lose the house to other interested applicants. Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and remain blessed.

Chiew

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement