Room for Rent and other rental scams
#26451 by Michelle Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:31 pm
To: Michelle
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: Nice One Bedroom Flat For Rent In Guildford

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010
Thank you for the most eloquent response to my listing, I'm the owner of the home you are making inquiry of. Actually i resided in the home with my family, before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my church where i work for and now situated in the (WEST AFRICA,NIGERIA) and presently my home is still available for rent and I'm not willing to sale my home anymore. It include the utilities like hydro, washer and security, I have my furniture in the store if you which to move in with your furnished items, no problem. Please i want you to note that i'm a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent, i will want you to take absolute care of my home and I want you to treat it as your own, money is not the most important thing but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.

PROPERTY FEATURES

Rental : 400 Pounds

Heating features: Central, Electric Source

Smoking: Allowed

Lease terms: Short & Long term

Location of the flat:10 Downing Ave Guildford, Surrey GU2 7

The flat is available for move in now.Yes am the owner of the house so if you really know that you are fully interested i will like you to fill out the rental application form and get back to me.Pet are allowed and let me know when you intend to move in. so kindly fill the application form so that i can have your contact address immediately and contact Dhl courier service for immediate shipment of the keys and documents to you so that you can have access to the house.i would have love to call you but my land phone have not been installed due to the recent problem with the service .Yes you an plant flowers.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM TENANT'S PERSONAL INFORMATION

FIRST NAME: _________________MIDDLE NAME: __________________LAST NAME:__________________PROFESSION: ________________PHONE (____) __________ (WORK)PHONE (____) __________ (HOME) MARITAL STATUS: _________KIDS _____(YES/NO), HOW MANY ________PRESENT ADDRESS: _________________________CITY: _______________STATE:_________ _____ZIPCODE:________ ____
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?______________________ ________
______________________________ CURRENT RENT: _______PREVIOUS ADDRESS: ___________________________ CITY:________________STATE: _______________ZIP CODE: _____________HOW LONG? ____________ IF RENTING,home. WHY DID YOU LEAVE? ____________________________________________________________ ___________PREVIOUS RENT: _______IF THIS home IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand , so please do not let us down in this our property.God bless you more as you do this

Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#26452 by Michelle Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm
Follow up e-mail:-

Sent: Wed 4/14/10
To: Michelle
Hi

Thank you very much for your reply l can see your willingness in this home I want you to know that i am satisfied with your profile and l also believe l can have trust in you. and i have told my wife and son that i have accept as our new tenant and they said they are ok with it.l want you to know that l can let you stay in my home till the period of time you wish to.I want you to know that the rent fee is among the utilities so you can use them anytime but make sure you take proper care of my properties.We will come and pay you a visit after you have moved into our home to see how you are maintaining it,You will be paying to me via Western Union because l think it reliable,secured and fast,l wish you best of luck in your work, from your profile l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person may the almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do.
Amenities
.............................. ............
# Bedroom
# Bathroom
# Sofa Bed
# Bed Linen
Accommodation Features
.............................. .....................
Wood Floor
Heater
Central Heating
Equiped Kitchen
Tv: Cable/Satellite TV
Video/Stereo
Internet
Air Conditioning
Full Kitchen
Refrigerator
Garage/Car park
pets allowed

Kitchen Features
...................... ...........
Washing machine
Juice Machine
Iron
Toaster
Oven
Dishwasher
Coffee Maker
Microwave
Refrigerator
Stove

As soon as the 1st month deposit payment has been confirmed by me via Western Union, i will go ahead and commence on how the home keys/Documents will be delivered to you via DHL COURIER SERVICE on next day delivery and it will be delivered to the address you provided. Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that l can go arrange for the delivery of the keys/Documents.Once again l'm giving you this home on trust and do not dissapoint me because l dont want my house to be destroyed,no problem if you wish to move in with your own properties.l still have one extra room that is empty so you can easily put my own things that you think you dont need in there.
Here are the contents of the document.
1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details)
3)The house documetary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5) Full address and description of the house.

Let me know if i can forward you the information on where to send the payment to me via Western Unionlocal agent store around you. Once payment is being confirmed i will send you the tracking number on how to pick the keys/document up.

Thanks.