#185513 by Con Warner Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:14 am
Date: December 24, 2013 at 11:11
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: Beautiful And Well Designed 4 Bedroom
Reply-To: Achihud Thomas <[email protected]>

ACHIHUD PROPERTIES

RC-0990.

Greetings,

You are welcome to my beautiful and well designed four bedroom apartment aimed at offering an enjoyable and remarkable stay.
Am Mr. Achihud Thomas, the owner of the 2nd floor apartment on Ben Yehuda 66 Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel. ?

Payment is usually accepted in quoted currency (USD) unless the currency amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner.

CONFIRMATION OF AVAILABILITY:
I confirm availability and rate from mid-January through the end of May, 2014 at USD4000 a month.

You are required to book with not lower than a month rate for your calendar period of stay to be marked reserved for you.

I will also like to have a precise arrival time and arrange for airport pick up if required.

PAYMENT:
BANK WIRE

Let me have your request to proceed with the reservation.

Warm Regards,
Achihud

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.
Last edited by Con Warner on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: important small detail added.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#187060 by Con Warner Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:02 pm
Scammer's payment request includes the details below...
MODE OF PAYMENT; BANK WIRE

ACCOUNT NAME--- DAVID KRETSCHMER
BANK NAME--- WELLS FARGO BANK
ADDRESS--- 162 E MAIN STR CITY GRANGEVILLE IDAHO 83530 USA.
ACCOUNT--- 5159547693
ROUTING--- 121000248
SWIFT--- WFBIUS6S

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com