Room for Rent and other rental scams
#186225 by Michelle Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 pm
Date: Jan 3, 2014 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: VENICE+++VERY NICE SAFE HOME+++++
To: Michelle Banks
Cc:

We are very sorry for replying you now but thank you so much for admiring our post .In order to avoid misunderstand please read carefully.My wife and I are in need of a sincere and honest tenant to rent our house to.The house is located at 845 Flower Ave, Venice, CA 90291.Our situation right now makes it difficult to find someone to rent to, due to we're in West Africa on a voluntary missionary purpose.It has become our lifestyle to be a blessing to others.We took it upon our self to feed the less privileged most times here,if only you can see what we have done here.We strongly belief our good heart will attract God's grace and produce a wonderful family or someone our spirit will be at peace to become our tenant.I am Bishop Robert S Torres and Rev.Mrs kristine riise Torres happens to be my wife.We can't see who we're renting to in person, but we have learnt the act of putting things into God's hand.We hope to rent to a sincere person who will always pays his/her when due.We have no one local because we're originally not from that area,we just got lucky to have the house there.As stated above we are finding it difficult to find a great tenant who can take care of the house.Also some might think otherwise about our offer but the truth remains we're a couple looking to rent our house.I know in my heart the right person will locate me soon(someone who can understands our situation and be willing to work with us in faith).You should count yourself lucky to meet with this offer,because we decided to make it affordable,$850 per month (rent already include utilities;Water,Trash,Electricity e.t.c)An agent was to handle the property but due to commission issues it was expensive and i really don't want it to look like am after the money but a proper care of the house,though money is needed but most importantly the care of the house.The document and keys are with us but we have no problem getting it to you if you agree to our terms.Please understand me and do not think otherwise about this I promise you won't regret it.Feel free to call me via my cell phone number +2348120024349.

Property Basics;
Bedroom: 2.
Bathroom: 1.
Sq footage:948ft² .
Rent:850
Security deposit:258
Pets Allowed(hopefully trained ones)
Lease Term:A year or More..

Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for your paper work and i will be happy to give you a call,because it is best we speak over the phone.

LEASE APPLICATION FORM
FULL CONTACT NAME?
OCCUPATION?
RESIDENTIAL HOME ADDRESS?
YOUR CELLPHONE NUMBER?
YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBER?
YOUR WORKPLACE NUMBER?
BEST TIME TO REACH YOU?
AGE & MARITAL
STATUS?
OWN A PET?
OWN A CAR?
HOW MANY PEOPLE SHALL RESIDE IN THE
PREMISES?
HOW LONG DO YOU
INTEND TO RENT?
ANTICIPATED MOVE IN DATE?
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT?
REFERENCE?
FAMILY PICTURES IF ANY?

Best of regards
Bishop Robert S Torres.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement