Room for Rent and other rental scams
#186388 by Con Warner Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:00 am
[email protected] wrote:
Thanks for your mail and also for contacting me on the house, I am Robert Floyd the owner of the house you are making inquiry of. I must confess to you that you are a lucky tenant. Presently my house is still available for rent for (rent already includes utilities). Due to our present location, we have been transferred from Work to Watertown NY I am an Engineer, and i was transferred here under Stebbins Engineering & Manufacturing. My wife came here to join me with my kids after some months i was transfer, I will be here for 5 years. My Father is ill and he has gone to Germany for surgery. So my wife had to come along with the keys and all the documents to the property because my father is not around for now. It is not share accommodation, it's all for you and your family.
Please i want you to note that i spent a lot on my property that i want to give to you for rent, so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own, It is not the money that is the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word....Here is my Contact number : 646) 374-8702(Feel Free to call me or text me.)
SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
FULL NAME:__________________ ?
DATE OF BIRTH:____________ ?
SEX:__________________ ?
MARITAL STATUS:__________?
(CELL) PHONE NUMBER (____)__________ ?
(WORK) PHONE NUMBER (____)__________ ?
(HOME) PHONE NUMBER (____)__________ ?
WHICH NUMBER IS BEST TO REACH YOU:_____________________ ?
WHAT TIME IS THE BEST TO REACH YOU:____________________?
PRESENT WORK NAME AND ADDRESS:_____________________ ?
REFERENCE FULL NAME:_____________________ ?
REFERENCE CONTACT INFO:_____________________ ?
PRESENT ADDRESS:_____________________ ?
CITY:_______________ ?
STATE:______________ ?
ZIP CODE:____________ ?
DO YOU HAVE A PET:_____________ ?
NAME OF PET:_____________ ?
DO YOU HAVE A CAR:_____________ ?
DO YOU SMOKE :______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK: ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE AT NIGHT: ____?
REASON FOR RELOCATING:____________ ?
MONTHLY INCOME:____________ ?
HOW LONG ARE YOU WILLING TO RENT THE PROPERTY:____________ ?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________ ?
HOW MUCH DO YOU BUDGET TO DEPOSIT BEFORE MOVE IN:____________ ?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND PAYING THE SECURITY DEPOSIT______________ ?
DO YOU AGREE TO PAY DEPOSIT BEFORE RECEIVING THE KEYS:______________
WHEN DO YOU WANT THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE SENT TO YOU:____________ ?
HOW MANY MONTHS RENT CAN YOU PAY UPFRONT:_____________ ?
COPY OF YOUR ID CARD/DRIVER'S LICENSE/PICTURE(IF AVAILABLE):_____________________ ?
…………………………………………………
RENTAL COMMENTS?
…………………………………………………

The Landlord is authorized to use the information provided herein to conduct any and all investigations as deemed prudent by the Landlord.
The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish to. A Deposit of $600 (which happens to be the security deposit) is required before moving in. Arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you. The house will be available for rent for a period of 5 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there.
Landlord,
Robert Floyd
(646) 374-8702(Feel Free to call me or text me.)

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement