Room for Rent and other rental scams
#186394 by Con Warner Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 am
Date: January 5, 2014 at 11:11
To: Con Warner
Subject: Re: Newer Paint Job Complete Interior. , 1120ft² - 500 / 1br

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. I am STANLEY CLARK the owner of the house you are making inquiry of. The house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house. The house will be available for a period of 4 years. My wife and I just traveled to Malaysia for a program "Conquering poverty with the richness of our Catholic Faith" with Catholic World Mission. The program is taking place in three major countries - And Am Presently In Malaysia

We will be away for a while that is why we made up our mind to put up our house for rent to who ever that will take good care of it. Please I want you to note that I spent a lot on my property that I want to give to you for rent, so I solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own. Utilities include Water, Trash, Sewer, Gas and Electricity and they are already included in the rent. The money is not the main problem but I want you to keep the property tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when I come for a check up. I also want you to let me have trust in you as I always stand on my word. Below is the description of the house:

Newer Paint Job Complete Interior. Clean And Ready To Move In Today!, Stove And Refrig and Brand New Washer And Dryer Included!, 1 Car Garage!, Central Air.Pet friendly with approval.

50437 Bay Run S, Chesterfield, MI 48047
Rent: $500
Security Deposit: $500

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
RENT APPLICATION FORM.
Name (First name/ Middle name/Surname ) : __________?
Phone # : __________?
E-mail : __________?
Best time to call : __________?
How many proposed occupants : __________?
List of all occupants with approximate age : __________?
Present Address : __________?
City/State : __________?
Will you have pets : __________?
Please describe breed, size : __________?
Personality of pet : __________?
Preferred move in date : __________?
Intended length of lease: __________?
Earliest possible date of deposit payment: __________?
Length of previous tenancy : __________?
Present occupation : __________?
Are you a section 8 applicant : __________?
Do you run a business from home : __________?
If so what kind of business : __________?
Do you work late night : __________?
Do you smoke : __________?
Do you drink : __________?

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and I will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible. As I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the house and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information. Please respond as soon as you can so we can get this process started.

For more inquiries, please feel free to call me or text on any of the numbers below:
(415) 758-1557

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement