Room for Rent and other rental scams
#26943 by Michelle Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:52 am
To: Michelle
Subject: Profile accepted and approved
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010

Thank you very much for your reply l can see your willingness in this apartment I want you to know that i am satisfied with your profile and l also believe l can have trust in you.l showed your profile to my wife and Son in WEST AFRICA they said they are ok with it...l want you to know that l can let you stay in my apartment till the period of time you wish to. I want you to know that the rent fee is among the utilities so you can use them anytime but make sure you take proper care of my properties.We will come and pay you a visit after you have moved into our home to see how you are maintaining it,You will be paying to my via Western Union because l think it reliable,secured and fast,l wish you best of luck in your work, from your profile l can see that you are responsible and a hard working person may the almighty Lord lead you in what ever you wish to do. I will like you to know that i have been trying to call your cell phone
Landing 22'1" x 5'10" ( 6.73m x 1.78m )
Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m )
Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
Bedroom 12'10" x 10'5" ( 3.91m x 3.18m )
Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )
Guest WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1.52m x 0.86m )
Amenities
.............................. ............
.............................. ............
# Bedroom
# Bathroom
# Extra Toilet
# Extra Guest Room
# Sofa Bed
# Bed Linen
Accommodation Features
................................ ......................
Wood Floor
Heater
Central Heating
Equipped Kitchen
TV: Cable/Satellite TV
Video/Stereo
Internet
Air Conditioning
Full Kitchen
Refrigerator
Garage/Car park
pets allowed

Kitchen Features
....................... ...........
Washing machine
Juice Machine
Iron
Toaster
Oven
Dishwasher
Coffee Maker
Microwave
Refrigerator
Stove

You will be making the one month rent which stand as a deposit so that we can ship out the keys out to you and as soon as it has been confirmed by from you, i will go ahead and commence on how the apartment keys will be delivered to you via DHL COURIER SERVICE on next day delivery and it will be delivered to the address you provided. Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that l can go arrange for the delivery of the package.Once again I'm giving you this apartment on trust and do not disappoint me because l don't want my house to be destroyed,no problem if you wish to move in with your own properties.l still have one extra room that is empty so you can easily put my own things that you think you don't need in there.

Here are the contents of the document.
1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details)
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5) Full address and description of the house.

Let me know if i can forward you the information on where to send the payment to me via Western Union local agent store around you. Once payment is being confirmed i will send you the tracking number on how to pick the keys/document up.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU.
Regards.
Rev Wilfred
+2348033757275

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement