Room for Rent and other rental scams
#26989 by Michelle Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm
To: Michelle
Subject: ::::::PROFILE ACCEPTED:::::CALL ME ASAP:::::::::
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010

Thanks for getting back to me with the Rent Application Form. I am writing with happiness to let you know that we have decided to let you live in our home. As we have found your application very satisfactory and acceptable by my family. So we would want you to go through this email and get back to us,so we could proceed in renting the home to you.We would like to send the following documents and keys to you via Fedex to your current address and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possibly occupy our home, The package includes:
1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent home form
3) The home documetary file.
4) Full Description of the home
5) Payment Receipt
Please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint us . We are with the above document and keys here with us. You will need to make Payment for the first month rent deposit which is 400pounds now to enable the shippment of the Keys and document to the address you have to provide to us, so that you can secure the home, after which you could move in at your convenience time. Then after you have secured the home with the deposit mentioned, I will now prepare the lease agreement form in which both of us will sign and file for record purpose. here is more details of the home and
MORE DETAILS

The accommodation comprises; entrance hall/landing (21'1x5'10),
reception room (17'0x16'0), kitchen breakfast room (13x11), bedroom
(12'10x10'5), bathroom and separate WC on the first floor.
FURNISHED

PERIOD PROPERTY

SPACIOUS AND LIGHT

KITCHEN BREAKFAST ROOM
POPULAR AREA
BEDROOM
GOOD TRANSPORT LINKS
Landing 22'1" x 5'10" ( 6.73m x 1......78m )
Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m )
Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2..08m x 1.78m )
Guest WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1.52m x 0.86m )
So fill in your Delivering Information below:
1)Receiver"s Name:
2)Receiver"s Address:
3)Receiver"s Phone #:
so i look forward to hear from you.I want you to get back to me if you are ready for the payment which will be via Western Union Money Transfer so that i can forward to you the information that you will be proceeding the payment with.

Thanks and hope to read from you soon....
Note: Small dog and cat are welcome.
+2348084857011

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement