Room for Rent and other rental scams
#27322 by phoebelin84 Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:19 pm
Hello and thank you for contacting me,

I hope you understand English because I don't write or speak your language so well even if I lived and worked in Germany for almost two years. I'm happy that you have contacted me regarding the flat. As you already seen all the apartment details are described on the website. The flat was renovated 3 months ago and it's in exceptional condition. I want to rent the apartment for a long period of time (from 4 months - until 6 or 7 years). You will have to pay between 80 and 100euro (depends on consumption) for other utilities like water, electricity etc. Is not necessary any guarantee.

I have purchased the flat when I have worked in Germany, but now that I'm back home in Alkmaar, Netherlands, I don't use it anymore. I don't want to sell it because prices are very low now compared to the price at which I bought it, so to earn some extra money I decided to rent it. Because of my work and the large number of emails received every day to rent the apartment, I cannot answer to each question that every person may have, so I tried to explain the condition of the apartment and what you can rent.

If you like the apartment and want to rent it, I hope you are a serious person, because I don't have anyone in the country in order to show you the apartment, i will have to come in person from Netherlands, and this means time and money lost in vain in case you will change your mind. I want to tell you that two weeks ago I agreed to meet with someone else to rent the flat. As soon as I arrived in Germany and met with this person, he said that it's a little bit expensive and he will not be able to rent it at the established price. Of course we didn't make any deal and I've wasted my time and my money for nothing.
I've mentioned this event to you because I don't want to happen again in the future. You need to understand that I'm not in any hurry to rent the apartment and don't need the money so badly. I can wait to find the right person to deal with, a person that I could trust to leave my apartment and know that I made the right choice.

So if you are still interested please let me know and I will tell you how we can make the deal so both of us can be satisfied and happy that we get what we want, you a very nice apartment, and me a tenant.

Best Regards
Anne
Advertisement