Room for Rent and other rental scams
#27552 by Michelle Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: Comfortable, spacious 2-bed with private parking in Birmingham
To: Michelle
Date: Saturday, 24 April, 2010,

Hello,
Thanks for your email and interest in my apartment so fill out my form below and we can go from there, since i am not residing there for now,The apartment is fully
Furnished and has a big storage. The kitchen isfully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils,refrigerator-freezer,four-hob and oven, microwave,dishwasher and
washing machine, my computer connected with Internet access.I have the keys and document with me here in West Africa Nigeria to be precise,I and my wife had the
intension of selling our property before leaving but after a while we decided to place it for rent and and had few tenants before now so the apartment is very
available and ready for you to move in if you are really interested in my apartment.I am here on a missionarry work with my family andwill be here for 2yrs but on Due
cases i will be visiting to check on you and my apartment cause absolute maintainance of my apartment is what i am after cause its newly renovated,Very spacious and
Clean,So after Normal process is taking i shall be sending you the keys and document for you to move in, Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not
really the issue, hope you are okay with the price of 100Gbp per Week which is 400Gbp Per Month including all bills like hydro, heatlaundryfacilities,aircondition and
so on, but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important to me, if you are really interested renting this apartment fill the application below and get
back to me with the answers,Moreover as a man of God i intend to do my things with soft kindered heart.
Bedrooms 2
Bathrooms 2 full, 0 partial
Parking 1 dedicated
Pet Policy Pets Allowed
Deposit 400
Property Address............. 38 Upper Dean St Birmingham,B5, UK
********RENT APPLICATION FORM*******
********PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL*********
Also,Pls answer these questions below:
1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Home Phone __________________ Cell Phone__________________
2)How old are you___________________________
4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
5)How many people will be living in the apartment __ ________________
6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ _________
7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ___________
8 )Occupation ____________ _________________
9)What is your religion __ ____________________________ _________
10)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
11)When do you intend to move in ___
12)1 month Or 2 month deposit needed ___________________________
12)How soon can you have the deposit sent to me ___________________________
14)Picture of you or Occupants......--------------------
Comfortable, spacious 2-bed with private parking
Features
Fully fitted kitchen, Balcony – furnished- Luxury Bathroom - Excellent décor, wooden flooring, video-entry phone system, great views. A beautifully presented and well
proportioned two bedroomed apartment, boasting a stunning reception room and a smart, well appointed kitchen, superbly located in the heart of the convention quarter.
The property benefits from access to beautifully maintained communal gardens and comprises reception room, kitchen with washing machine/tumble dryer, master bedroom
with fitted wardrobes and en suite bathroom, second bedroom with wardrobes.
Description
Furnished
A fabulous apartment in this sought after location. A great apartment in ideal location with easy access to the city. Great transport links, near bars, restaurants,
Supermarkets, cinemas & gyms etc.
PLEASE CALL ME ASAP FOR MORE INFORMATION +234-808-298-0705 Or 011-234-808-298-0705.

Thanks And God Bless You .....

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement