Room for Rent and other rental scams
#199243 by damionmiller76 Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:58 pm
I put an ad on Craigslist looking for part time work and was contacted by this person wanting me to post ads on Craigslist for him and he would pay me $550 per week. He first contacted me via text and then I gave my email address for further details as I was suspicious of a scammer from the beginning. He wanted me to post rental ads with his info. Last time I checked, posing as somebody else on the internet is fraud so he is trying to get me or whoever to do his dirty work for him. The ridiculous part of this is that I've gotten 3 different replies from different scam artists trying to phish for my info. Wesley Waziri sent the following email to me when I asked for more details about the job:
wesley waziri < [email protected] > wrote:

INSTRUCTIONS : Using your craigslist.org account to carry out this assignment , Ensure your account email address is Hidden/anonymous while posting in the Rental/Apartment for rent by Owner forum and get back to me with a confirmation link that confirms that you have carried out your assignment as instructed and the ADs are live on CL .

And don't forget while Posting you make your email address anonymous by clicking the no replies to this email, please while creating the posting ! Also you give an interval of 10 minutes for each post so that you wont violate the Craigslist rules and regulations !

Post the AD under: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/
Posting Title : Convenience and Location is All You Need! Move In
HOUSE ADDRESS ...2351 16th St SE, Washington, DC 20020

TYPE..... Housing offered
CATEGORY..... apts/housing for rent(no shares, roommates, or sublets please)
PRICE: $ 700 / Month
BEDROOM: 2
BATH ROOM... 2 full bath

To move in contact: [email protected]

Posting Description : Convenience and Location is All You Need! Move In - Apply Today!

To move in contact: [email protected]

Hopefully this helps anybody in my position who is looking for supplemental income to help through hard times. It's frustrating that these folks are out there. Good luck.
Advertisement