Room for Rent and other rental scams
#27687 by Michelle Sat May 01, 2010 2:39 pm
To: Michelle
Subject: MY FLAT DETAILS / ADD ME ON MSN MESSENGER FOR MORE INFORMATION
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:24:14 -0500

Ciao my futureflatmate,
Thanks for your interest in my lovely bedrooms flat. I have attached my available room photos of my flat below my message for you to read so that you can have a better idea of the Unit (Apartment).
I have a flat available as of today in London ideally located with BEDROOMS and BATHROOMS (one ensuite), a modern kitchen and a spacious living room. Personal Bathroom/toilet attached to each room. You will have your own private Bedroom and Bathroom/Toilet separately. But we would be only share KITCHEN reception and SITTING ROOM only. It's fully furnished, DG, GCH, bath/wc, 24 hrs Security and Porter Service available and entry phone.

ABOUT ME: I am Miss Alessia Johnson , 26 yrs old, female a half British/ half Italian girl, Straight and I am professional Hair Stylist. I am an industrious person. I don't interfere into other peoples private affairs. Am a very laid back person and also, I am open minded and free with everyone. I am looking for student, professional and couples with someone that is okay with my kind of person and most especially a trustworthy person, a clean and tidy and person that I could confide in as a friend and family and that could confide in me as well and I believed you would be the kind of person. I love listening to music, cooking, reading, visiting cities, going to theaters ... I also particularly enjoy meeting new people especially roommate, new nationalities; I have been living with Americans, Spanish, Canadian, French and Italians as my previous flat mates.

Location and Room Rent Details:
ADDRESS: Lower John Street, LONDON, W1F 9DY, England
AREA: Central London (Lambeth, Soho, Belgravia, Southwark, The City, Westminster and Marylebone).
Lower John Street is moments from excellent amenities and close to 24hr shop and all amenities.The nearest underground tube station to my house is Piccadilly Circus station, just off Golden Square which is about 2 minutes walk to my flat. It is good area and walkways with lots of entertainment and places to eat and drink. My flat offers a high and superb location for shops, supermarkets services and transport.

Transport
1 mins walk to bus stop
2 mins walk. to Piccadilly Circus tube station
5 mins walk. to Bond Street and Baker Street tube station
6 mins walk. to Covent Garden.

ROOM RENT: (£95 weekly - £380 monthly)
DEPOSIT: £400.00 Pounds is the payment of Security Deposit implies that you have a serious intention towards renting my flat and that would enable me to secure the flat room for you.The sum of £400.00 security deposit is fully refundable back to you without any charges. The details of Security Deposit will be sent to you in the Agreement form. If this is okay by you, get back to me with your Full names and the contact Address so that I can send the contract and flat terms to you by email.

Household Utilities and Amenities includes:
#Central Heating, #Underfloor Central Heating, #Alarm system, #Electricity, #Flat screen plasma TVs with cable broadcasting, #Hi-tech music players with surround sound, #Satellite.

#DVD/VCD players, #Video Game {Play station 3}, #Internet Access, #WiFi Wireless Internet Broadband, #Reading Desk, #Bedside Lamp, #Wardrobe, #In-room iron and board, #Goose down duvets and luxurious bedding, #State of the art fully fitted kitchen.

#Gas and Microwave, #Superb Kitchen with Washing Machine/Dryer/Dishwasher, #Cookware and tableware, #Constant hot water, #Parking Lot, #Storage and Gym.

Add & Join me for a window Live Chat on my MSN messenger service am online now... ( [email protected] ) So that we can know each other.

I look forward to hearing back from you ASAP..
Your's FutureFlatmate,
Alessia.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement