Room for Rent and other rental scams
#203276 by Vinny14 Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 pm
WATCH OUT FOR "David Jeffery", or [email protected] . This scammer was posting a "Vacation House" on Craigslist that he does not actually own, or probably has never seen. The listing is " $150 / 3br - 1300ft² - PREMIER EAST SIDE LOCATION OFFERS UPPER DUPLEX WITH 3 DECKS (South Boston)". I contacted him telling him I was a young adult looking to rent an apartment with my younger brothers. I did not feel safe sending him money through moneypak & Western Union so I asked him to meet up. He refused saying he was currently away, but will be back for check in day. I sent him $500 through moneypak and he sent me back a receipt. After that I sent him the remaining $160 through Western Union, and I did not hear back from him. I called Western Union and realized the money had not been picked up so I rushed to cancel the order. I received the $160 back, but unfortunately lost the remaining $500 sent. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS SCAMMER. Seller's Western Union Info: Paula K Degenkolbe 1360 Lake Woodlands Dr Colorado Springs 80918
Advertisement

#208274 by jmkinsey Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:28 pm
This same Paula K Degenkolbe of Colorado Springs is also running scams on Armslist where she 'sells' a Sig Sauer pistol, and when she gets paid, she quits answering emails, and she re-lists and sells the pistol again... and again....
#208279 by Bryon Williams Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:39 pm
Thanks for your understanding,i will be shipping tomorrow.
have a great evening
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 13:06:55 -0400
On Jun 25, 2014 12:54 PM, "hnl hnl" <[email protected]> wrote:
Mr Kinsey be easy,i have the cash for the check already,you will get the gun

Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:56
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Sig P220 2 Tone With Rosewood Grips Like New

good morning sir,
I came in late yesterday,i will be shipping the p220 on friday,i have a tight schedule today and tomorrow,but be assured that i will have it shipped on friday and provide you the tracking number.
Thanks and best regards
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 04:32:55 +0000
Thanks for your patience,My son recieved the mail on saturday and just heaped it on a table,i dont know why this kids behave in this unruly manner,i will send out the weapon tomorrow and let you have the tracking number before the close of the day.
Have a wonderful night
regards
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:36:10 +0000
I agree totally,i will get back to you as soon as i am home,sorry about the delay
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:34:34 -0400
Subject: RE: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Sig P220 2 Tone With Rosewood Grips Like New
A check in the mail is always a good day!!!!

On Jun 23, 2014 11:32 AM, "hnl hnl" <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for your mail,will look into my mailbox when i get home,from the tracking number it was delivered by usps,i was looking out for a FedEx envelope,i will be home in about 3hours i will keep you informed,am sorry for the mix up,i am sorry.
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:25:11 -0400
The USAA tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXX
Delivered Sat 21 June at 1057
[email protected]
On Jun 23, 2014 11:04 AM, "hnl hnl" <[email protected]> wrote:
Good morning Mr Xxxxxxx,how was your night,guess you had a wonderful weekend as well.
Please i am writing to find out if you have been able to contact and garner information from your bank.
Thanks as you get back to me with the status of things.
Cheers
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 07:04:08 +0000
Thanks for your mail and update,nothing as come in at the moment,lets hope it would come in on monday,i can see you are piSsed with your bank,sorry about that,they could be naughty at times,have a good night rest.
cheers
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 18:05:38 -0400
I’ve only sent one before, earlier this week, and it was delivered FedEx. And it got there before I got the tracking number. I may talk to the bank about sending those tracking numbers out, instead of making the client keep calling and checking. “customer service” seems to be missing the ‘service’!
Mike

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 17:46
To: Jxxxx "Mike" Xxxxxxx

I am yet to recieve it,but lets hope they get it done on monday,and it might still come in before the day ends,since its coming via fedex right?
I will be on the look out for it,and if there is any development on your end before monday let me know.
Have a wonderful night
regards

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 12:20

Thanks for the gesture,you are such a gentleman,i have no doubt whatsoever.
thanks
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:01:20 -0400
Paula,
When the check comes, notice that is comes to you directly from the bank, not from me.
I have seen several reports the last few years of scams where someone sends a fraudulent cashier’s check. I’m not that clever, or evil, but just thought it would help the stress level!
I have received one of those fakes myself! I didn’t lose anything except the processing fee when it turned out to be a fake, but still…..
Mike

Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:39
To: Jxxx "Mike" Xxxxxx

Good morning,
How was your night,and how is the family,just checking in,any developmenton the tracking number,have a great weekend.
cheers
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:57:22 +0000
Thanks for your mail and patronage Mike,i appreciate your buying from me,the essence of the tracking number is to keep tabs on the payment,some lowlife often decieve you into sending the weapon and give you a fake tracking number and stories,my husband almost lost his Barret until we discovered the tracking the guy gave him was actually fake,i dont doubt you at all,my essence for asking is to have an idea when the check will get to me so i can make myself available to recieve it.
The P220 is a wonderful weapon and am sure mrs would appreciate it and will further show to her how much of a classy man and a man with eye for detail you are.
Thanks for your patronage and my regards to your special wife.
Have a great weekend.
Cheers
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:05:32 -0400
Paula,
The bank just told me the tracking number will be available to me tomorrow.
I also purchased a pistol from a different person and when the bank got me the FedEx tracking number the check had already been delivered.
Soooo, hopeful by the time I can get the tracking number in the morning, perhaps the check will have been delivered to you.
Just curious, for my education, if you don’t mind me asking, and since I’ve not bought a weapon until this week using certified check, and since the other seller was also pretty insistent about the tracking number…
What is the significance of the tracking number, other than to make sure the check really is coming to prevent some fraudulent low-life of saying he sent the check, but was lying? Or is that exactly the issue? Just for my education.

Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 10:22
To: Jxxx "Mike" xxxxxx

Thanks for the information Mr xxxxxx,i will expect the tracking number,and i will also let you know as soon as i recieve the payment,i will also send you a tracking number when the weapon is sent,i will send an email to your ffl shortly.I will also confirm at usps if i can ship to you directly,i think that would be convenient and easier for you.
Thanks for patronising me
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:00:50 -0400
Paula,
My bank is processing the payment. I made it for $675 since I didn’t know what you charged for shipping.
I’ll check on the tracking number when I get in this evening.
x
Jxxx M xxxxxx
1xx Dxxxxxo Road,
Bxxxxx, SC 2xxxx

BUT if it has to be sent to a FFL dealer, I use Jim Oxxxxxy, 8xx-338-xxxx [email protected]
202xxx xxxx Rd
xxxxxx, SC xxxxxx

I don’t have Jim’s FFL number. The last time I bought a pistol, the seller wanted or needed direct email contact with Jim for the number.
I can get that number to you, if you wish
Mike

Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 9:41

Thanks for your mail,and sorry for my late response,please send a certified check to my information below
Name: Paula K Degenkolbe
Address: 3145 Woodland Hills Dr, #816, Colorado Springs, CO 80918.
Please send me a tracking number when you have sent the payment,also i will need details of where am shipping to.
Thanks for patronising me.
cheers
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:37:21 +0000
Subject: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Sig P220 2 Tone With Rosewood Grips Like New

Message from: [email protected]

Message regarding: Sig P220 2 Tone With Rosewood Grips Like New
How would you like to be paid? If you wish a certified bank check, please send me your name, and address and I'll get it sent.
Mike

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#232877 by armslist guy Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:04 am
Armslist.com
For Sale: Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911

Price: $ 1,000
Seller: Private Party
Account: Unregistered
Listed On: Thursday, January 01, 2015
Listed In: Handguns

I almost fell for this scam, good thing I googled the name & address and this lead me to this site. She (or he) posted a Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911 for half the price, which is too good to be true.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/3870741/c ... anch-1911-

Thanks for posting this warning! You saved me $1000+! Here is an excerpt from our email conversation. Note that the same words & comma placements were used as compared to Bryon W.'s email/posting on June, 30, 2014. Note also the new email address: [email protected].

Scammer used the following name & address (may be stolen):

Paula K Degenkolbe
3145 Woodland Hills Dr, #816
Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Subject: RE: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 08:08:50 +0000

yes i accept payal,but you have to send money as gift,because paypal doesnt accept firearms transaction,send $600 as gift now,and i will ensure i ship in the morning,so you can pay the outstanding balance on monday or tuesday.
Thanks

Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 00:06:02 -0800

Do you accept paypal?

On Jan 3, 2015, at 12:01 AM, fd fd wrote:

I only called the number to find out requirement for accepting firearms.
You can send part payment via usps money order or gift it as Paypal so i can ship as soon as possible.
Thanks Gxxx

Subject: Re: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 23:59:13 -0800

Hi again,

You said that you called my FFL, he is a friend. I am in contact with him via email & said that he wasn't able to talk to you. Who did you talk with?

If I agree, how do I pay the $600?

I hope that we get to agree with the terms, I am very interested in the Les Baer.

Thanks,
Gxxx

On Jan 2, 2015, at 11:53 PM, fd fd wrote:

i am not comfortable with escrow sir,the best i can do is you send a part payment of $600,when you get the gun,you send the outstanding balance.
Thanks as you let me know if you are willing to proceed.

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 23:51:46 -0800

Hi Paula,

This is my first time to buy a handgun from out of state. I researched a bit & found an escrow service called PaySafe (see link below). I basically send them the payment plus fees & then you send the item to the FFL. Once my FFL confirms shipment & I inspect the item, PaySafe will release the funds to you. Are you fine with this? Let me know if this is something you can do.

https://paysafeescrow.com/

Thanks,
Gxxx

On Jan 2, 2015, at 8:57 PM, fd fd wrote:

Thanks for your mail,what your ffl need is for me to include my drivers license when am shipping the weapon,but its no problem if you want me to send via email to you.I also called UG Imports and they agreed to that
Also is there a way you could send me a usps money order via priority mail,so immediately i receive it and verify the payment i proceed to ship and provide you with the tracking number.
My name and address is as stated below
Paula K Degenkolbe
3145 Woodland Hills Dr, #816, Colorado Springs, CO 80918.
Thanks for your patronage.
regards

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:04:15 -0800

Hello,

I was thinking before paying to get your info for my FFL, your photocopy of your drivers license. My FFL's info is below.

Then I can pay the $1020 through bank transfer if you can give me your banking info including name, address, account no., bank & bank address.

Let me know if this is fine with you.

Thanks,
Gxxx

xxx Imports
Mailing Address ONLY:
xxxx
Suite #xxx
Fremont, CA xxxxxx
Phone: (510) xxx-xxxx
Fax: (510) xxx-xxxx

http://xxx.com/howto-transfer

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2015, at 10:28 AM, "fd fd" <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your mail,i can ship to CA,shipping attracts $20 extra,please provide details of where am shipping to and how you would like to proceed.

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:28:27 +0000
Subject: ARMSLIST - Message from [email protected] about Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911

Message from: [email protected]

Message regarding: Les Baer Thunder Ranch 1911
Hi! I am very interested. Do you or your FFL ship to CA? How do we do this?
Thanks,
Gxxx