Room for Rent and other rental scams
#27845 by Michelle Tue May 04, 2010 10:50 am
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 18:47:46 +0000
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Beautiful And Lovely 1 Bedroom Flat For Rent
To: Michelle

Hello

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my home.Yes the property is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the property now that we are not around.Myself and wife just traveled to West Africa Nigeria for a programme called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the programme is taking place in major countries in Europe and Africa which are UK, Spain,Germany,South Africa,Ghana.We will be away for 3 to 5 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my property for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
Here are details of the property:

FEATURES :
Laundry
Electric Range
Electric Heat

AMENITIES:
Air Conditioning
Patio/Party Deck
Cable TV
Ceiling Fans
24 hours Internet service
Dishwasher
Firepit
Garbage Disposal
Microwave
security alarm
Pets Allowed
Refrigerator
Washer / Dryer

Rent: £220 including utilities
Security deposit:£100
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to recieve your email as soon as possible.

I am not around to show the inside, you can go check out the property and the neighborhood from the outside and get back to me if you really like it for more information.

=========== RENT APPLICATION FORM ============
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Please answer these questions below if you are Interested
1)Your Full Name_________________________ ____________
2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone ________________________ __
3)How old are you___________________________ __
4)Are you married _ _____________________________ _____
5)How many people will be living in the apartment __ _________________________
6)Do you have a pet ____ __________________________ ___________
7)Do you have a car _______ _______________________ ____________
8 )Occupation ____________ _________________
9)How long are you willing to stay _______ ____________________-
10)When do you intend to move in ___

Here is my contact phone number +2348073822440
Hope to read from you as soon as possible. Thanks and GOD bless you.

Cheers!
Wayne Jack.

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:35:58 +0000
Subject: NEXT STEP
To: Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for your response and I really appreciate your trusting and promise to take very good care of our flat..So here is my information where you will send the payment..You will have to go to any nearest westernunion grocery stores and send the money..if the payment is confirm today you will recieve the keys and doucment of my property on wednesday.

Receivers Name: WAYNE JACK
Address: 10, Maryland Road, Surulere, Lagos - Nigeria 23401.
Amount Expect: £320
Text Question: TO GOD
Answer: BE THE GLORY

Here is the nearest westernunion where you can make the payment:

xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

As soon as you wire the payment Please get back to me with the following Information :

Sender's Full Name & Address
10 Digits confirmation number known as the MTCN #
Amount Sent.

Please confirm the address were the keys and documents will be delivered to:

xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks so much and God Bless You
Awaiting to hear from you soon.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement