Room for Rent and other rental scams
#28058 by Michelle Thu May 06, 2010 8:05 am
To: Michelle
Subject: FLAT DETAILS AND PICTURES
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:02:56 +0000

Hello Dear,

Thanks alot for showing interest to my advert, the flat is 50Sq.m available, the flat is well-arranged and furnished living room with incredible sectional sofa, huge flat screen T.V it has a good-sized, high-ceilinged with a large window, the flat is a whole flat . There is a kitchen with machine wash and dryer and door to the communal garden. The bathroom is newly-fitted and tiled in limestone, with shower attachment to the bath. The apartment has good storage space, its extremely neat and clean includes water, garbage, and internet. The flat has a private Parking in an indoor garage, extremely neat and clean, the flat is only 1 year old, both Short and Long term lease options available for £150 PW including all bills for the final asking price.

The flat is located in:Brompton Park Cresent Fulham London SW6 1SN

CAR TRAVEL
***********************************************************************************
Central London M25 Gatwick Airport Heathrow Airport
0.7 miles 17 miles 34.8 miles 17.1 miles
3 mins 32 mins 58 mins 33 mins

We are open to both a male or female tenant. If interested please get back to us as soon as u can.

Regards,
(Pastor) Mr and Mrs Lawson.

To: Michelle
Subject: PROCEDURE TO VIEW AND SECURE THE FLAT
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 11:19:56 +0000

Dear Michelle,

Thanks for the email and your interest in the flat. The flat is a whole flat, one bedroom self contained and you will not be sharing it with anyone, I need to know some few questions about you. How many of you are coming to live in my flat? Can you take care of my flat as it is? Can you bring your identity passport when coming for viewing? How many months do you intend to rent and pay for? Do you have references in London? It is unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view my flat without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled has brought about great loss to me. I have lost my job some months ago because of taking people who cant even afford the rent. Henceforth my lawyer and I have decided to carry out a simple test on financial ability to see if you are capable to pay the rent for my flat before coming for viewing, as I am presently in Liverpool right now, but I will like to come immediately you are able to follow my procedure given by my lawyer, I would not ask you to send your bank statement as it may be used illegally sometimes, while some produce fake bank statements and pay slip, but if you are able to transfer money to your friend, partner's or any of your family custody via Western union money transfer, which my lawyer would make confirmation with the Western union website if truly you've transferred the money to your friend or partner's custody, then we can arrange viewing and we can proceed. After confirmation has been made, you can tell your friend or partner to pick up the money back. I will be responsible for the cost of transfer(£46), as soon as you arrive to my flat. At least a month rent £600 and security deposit £500 total of (£1,100) would be required from you to transfer to your friend's custody, which will shows how reliable your finance is to rent a flat. You can make the transfer to your close friend or any of your relatives. Your security deposit of 500£ will be return back to you after a week that you have been staying in my flat, you have to do the transfer through Western union money transfer, that is if you will be willing to do this. Once you have done this, you can scan the receipt to me or send the details of the receipt if you have no scanner, as I will send it to my lawyer to verify, and after verification, then you can pick up your money back as we proceed to view and also refund back to you the cost of transfer. And I will also appreciate a clean and tidy fellow in my flat as it has just undergone renovation in and out. Also you will be responsible for any form of damages in the building, if you eventually rent my flat. Also please do note that i do not accept any viewing after 8pm....here is me and my husband cell # 07035934278.

Best Regards,
Pastor Lawson.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#29253 by spj Mon May 24, 2010 8:06 am
Sent: 24 May 2010 11:16
To: ???????????????????????
Subject: PROCEDURE TO VIEW AND SECURE THE FLAT

Hello dear,

Thanks for the email and your interest in the flat. I need to know some few questions about you. How many of you are coming to live in my flat? Can you take care of my flat as it is? Can you bring your identity passport when coming for viewing? How many months do you intend to rent and pay for? Do you have references in London? It is unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view my flat without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled has brought about great loss to me. I have lost my job some months ago because of taking people who cant even afford the rent. Henceforth my lawyer and I have decided to carry out a simple test on financial ability to pay for my rent before coming for viewing. Me and my wife are a very busy person when it comes to work, we do provide market research and strategies for companies, large and small scale firms, private and public sectors and others on contract basis, am presently in Liverpool right now, but i will like to come to London for the viewing immediately you are able to follow the procedure given by my lawyer, I would not ask you to send your bank statement as it may be used illegally sometimes according to what my lawyer told me, while some produce fake bank statements and pay slip, and I will never ask you to pay for the rent in advance, it's proper that you see the flat before money exchange hand. But if you are able to transfer money to your friend or partner's custody via Western Union, which my lawyer would make confirmation if truly you've transferred the money to your friend or partner's custody, then we can arrange viewing and we can proceed. After confirmation has been made by my lawyer from Western Union Money Transfer, then you can tell your friend or partner to pick up the money. I will be responsible for the cost of transfer, as soon as you arrive to my flat. At least a month rent £600 and security deposit £500 total of (£1100) would be required from you to transfer to your friend's custody, which will shows how reliable your finance is to rent a flat. You can make the transfer to your close friend. Your security deposit of 600£ will be return back to u after a week that u have been staying in my flat, you have to do the transfer through Western Union Money Transfer, that is if you will be willing to do this. Once you have done this, you can scan the receipt to me or send the details of the receipt if you have no scanner, as I send it to my lawyer to verify, and after verification, then you can pick up your money back as we proceed to view and also refund back to you the cost of transfer. And I will also appreciate a clean and tidy fellow in my flat as it has just undergone renovation in and out. Also you will be responsible for any form of damages in the flat, if you eventually rent my flat. Also please do note that i do not accept any viewing after 8pm.....Me and my husband mobile is: 07035934278 incase you like to talk on the phone.

Best Regards,
Mr and Mrs Cole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: FLAT DETAILS AND PICTURES
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:47:50 +0100

Hi

I’m very interested to view this flat.

thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 24 May 2010 10:12
Subject: FW: FLAT DETAILS AND PICTURES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 22 May 2010 18:38
To: ??????????????????????????
Subject: FLAT DETAILS AND PICTURES

Hello there,

Thanks a lot for showing interest to my advert, I apologise for my late reply, I have been trying to attach the whole 4 pictures but I think because of the bathroom size too big it's very slow. The flat is 50Sq.m available, the flat is well-arranged and furnished living room with incredible sectional sofa, huge flat screen T.V it has a good-sized, high-ceilinged lovely bedroom with a large window. The flat is a 1 bedroom whole flat self contained not a share flat. There is a kitchen with machine wash and dryer and door to the communal garden. The bathroom is newly-fitted and tiled in limestone, with shower attachment to the bath. The apartment has good storage space, its extremely neat and clean includes water, garbage, and internet. The flat has a private Parking in an indoor garage, extremely neat and clean, the flat is only 1 year old, both Short and Long term lease options available, final rent price is £600 pounds per calender month including energy + gas + electric, water and council tax.

The flat is located in Hanbury road. Acton town.W3 8RJ

The Apartment is in a great commutable location with great access to South and all of Earls Court, Battersea, Clapham Junction, Victoria, Wandsworth, Fulham, Kensington, Waterloo, London Bridge, Strand, Chelsea, Putney, Richmond, Oxford Street, Bond Street, Hyde Park, Wandsworth and many other locations.

There is also great access to all of West kensington, High Street Kenington, Fulham, Puntey, Hammersmith, Hyde Park and many other places.
(All bills included and cleaned weekly linen changed Tv and broadband included)

CAR TRAVEL:
Central London M25 Gatwick Airport Heathrow Airport
0.7 miles 17 miles 34.8 miles 17.1 miles
3 mins 32 mins 58 mins 33 mins

If interested please get back to me in my mail.

Regards
Mr and Mrs Cole.