Room for Rent and other rental scams
#28554 by Michelle Fri May 14, 2010 5:12 am
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 01:29:52 -0700
Subject: THE PROOF....wanted 2 bedrooms flat, fully-furnished, internet ready in Cardiff Bay near Mermaid Quay

What you have to provide is very simple,I am just in need of a confirmation proof,And these is due to some previous predicament that i have gone through in the past,Trying to rent the property to some student,I have got to realize so many people are not really in need of a property at the moment,All they do is secure a place in advance,My last experience in trying to rent the property to a particular lady,Got me to predicate on these,She made me believe she was willing and ready to get the property,She even went to the extend of showing me her statement of account,Which made me took her for the viewing,But after taking her for the viewing,She saw the property and got to love it and never wanted to loose it,So she kept pleading i retain it for her because she wasn't financially composed at the moment,Which i did because i did pity are situation,But it all ended up disastrously.
So basically for me to be sure of you been willing and ready to get the property i will implore you walk into any Western Union or Money Gram outlet and send the total bill to any of your friend or your partner via Western Union or Money Gram,Or your partner should send it to you,All i need is for you to get back to me with a scan copy of the receipt issued to you after making the transaction so i can confirm it,And as soon as i can confirm these i will get back to you immediately,And then your partner can go and withdraw the money back for you,But i have to confirm it first,After this we can have a rendezvous to meet right immediately and view the property,I hope you understand,Well you can call me if you need me to explain better,07024029908,Thanks.

Regards

Chris

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement