Room for Rent and other rental scams
#220041 by MKEsubletscam2014 Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:30 am
First email received from scammers!

On Sep 22, 2014, at 8:49 AM, Rita Green <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me... My name is Rita Green (F),I am 25yrs old,I am fun loving, personal, friendly,clean and respectful of others. A non-smoker, don't do drugs, i drink occasionally,and drama free. I graduated last year in France. I am single and have no children... I do bible study, and sometimes we do karaoke night with my roommate! i go to church every Sunday. Am coming for my masters degree. I was born in Spain,Malaga (Los Asperones), my dad is from USA but my mum is from Malaga...I went to Málaga University (UMA) i speak both España and English ,am presently on research work at Guam (USA), am almost done with the research. Am doing it because its part of prerequisite for my masters in Microbiology. I would have loved to call you but this is a remote area calls is hard to go through from here and i don't want to waste much time.

Am really interested in renting from you and i don't really love pets but i don't care if there is any in the house. I would have loved to see it but am very far,but with pictures,I am glad. I will also like you to tell me more about you and if you have garage or parking space because I will have my own car come over, please let me know the total payment of the place and more over I will send your email to my dad for him to email you later because he is the one that will be paying the bills but nevertheless, please let me know the total payment of the place and all the Utilities of the room. and I will like you to send me your full Name and the mailing address, your phone number as well,so that my Dad will issue out the payment for the place as soon as possible,with that you can hold on the place for me till i come. I will be looking forward to your email soonest. Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

I responded with a thorough detailed email and gave my full name address cell # and email address. I got a response back this morning at 2:46 a.m. Working hours for these scam artists. I did a simple google search of the entire email they sent me and it showed up on here! Word for word! They want me to take possession of a car! And are overpaying me for doing "her" a favor. I'm reporting this to craigslist as well! Beware!

On Sep 23, 2014, at 2:47 AM, Rita Green <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me with your information , (I will be paying the first month rent). so i want you to secure the room the for me till my arrival and i will also like you to keep off the ads from Craigslist so that nobody will contact you about the room again.So can you tell me the nearest airport ?I will get back to you with the tracking number as soon as i get it and my flight details,

Furthermore, As regards my car,i am planning on having it delivered to the house before my arrival so that i can settle in comfortably,you can understand that transiting cross Atlantic is not easy so i am making arrangement with the car dealer to deliver the car before my arrival after the rent and security deposit has been paid to you by my Dad. I will ask you for a favor here,can i rely on you to take delivery of the car for me when its delivered. I will instruct the car dealer to contact you to schedule a delivery time that will be convenient for you to receive the car for me . As you will be handling the delivery of the car with the rent and deposit to be sent to you so that you can help me handle the delivery payment for the car...the delivery payment has been included with the Check coming to you.I will really appreciate if you can do this for me and promise to compensate you adequately for your time and efforts on my arrival in your place.

Thanks.
Advertisement