Room for Rent and other rental scams
#29123 by Con Warner Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 am
To: Con Warner
Sent: Fri, May 21, 2010 11:00:48 AM
Subject: APPLICATION ACCEPTED......

Thanks for your prompt reply, and also i can see your willingness in renting my apartment,your application form is being accepted for you to rent my apartment.So as i shall be giving you my apartment,please take good care of the my apartment when you move in so that i might be glad when coming to pay you a visit.I have attach full pictures of the inside as i said previously,however as you are ready to rent my apartment,that will not be a problem as i have made all arrangement for you to move in and for you to get the keys and document of my apartment.

I will advice you due to the responsible person you are,to make the First month rent and if you are able to come up with the first 2 months rent you will be getting 1 month free to move in,i am doing this so that you will be taking good care of my apartment when you move in,also i will like to send you the keys& document Via DHL Courier Service to the address you will providing to me.Once again,i am giving you this on trust and do not want you to disappoint me.I am ready to give you my apartment for short or long term which ever you prefer.

Here are the contents of the packages that will be coming to you Via DHL Courier Service
1 ) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent apartment form (Containing your reference details)
3)The apartment documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.

So I am with your information here with me and all arrangement is set & ready for you to get the keys & document also for you to move in when you desire.I will like to know if you are ready for the payment of first month or first 2 month rent and get one month free,so that i can proceed with the delivery of the KEYS AND DOCUMENT to the address you will providing to me,So let me know If I can send you my Information which you will be using to make payment VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER to me,So that i can get all the package sent to you ASAP immediately after you make the payment.......I will get back to you with the Tracking details and the Arrival time of the package if the payment is done asap.

You can reach me on :+2347029713942 or 011-234-7029713942.....

Thanks Blessing Of The Lord Be With You
Reverend Andrew Achimore.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement

#226215 by Michelle Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:11 pm
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 6:53 PM
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: i MIGHT aGREE.. tHE BEST BUILDING IN TOWN!

Thanks for your interest in my apartment. I am Andrew Achimore a professional piano/music theory teacher, I'm easy going and friendly. I like Music and have deep interests in traveling. I respect every religion and love to hang around with people and i am definitely not a trouble maker and very helpful in nature. I am currently living in New York with my wife and kids and we will be here for long that is why am renting out my apartment,i need you to be able fit into my apartment in my absent. My apartment is available for rent at (972USD) Per Month including Utilities and Appliances and it's also available for a short or long term lease which ever is require, my apartment is Fully Furnished & Can Be Made Unfurnished if you want as there is an extra room which can be made as store or second bedroom for you if you need an extra room. We left behind facilities which is included in the rent per month, the kitchen is fully equipped with all Cooking Utensils, Refrigerator-Freezer, Oven Microwave, Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer, Cable, TV, Internet, Central Heating, Stereo, Air Conditioning, Parking and More!.

MONTHLY RENT FEE: $972
Bedrooms (#) 1 bedroom
Bathrooms (#) 1 bathroom

NOTE: I can only send you pictures of the interior part of the apartment as am not around to show it to you in person...You can only drive by and see the apartment from the outside as am with the keys and document here with me, if you are really interested in renting my apartment i want you to get back to me with the application questions filled so i can email you pictures of the interiors and proceed with you renting my place as soon as i confirm your interest with the application filled. I would have loved to send the keys to someone around due to not staying in the area long enough i don't have anybody there right now to give them to and that's why i took them along with me since we are new in the city..... After all is finalized the keys will be send to the address you will be providing in the application below:.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

1)Your Full Name ?
2)Present Address(where you reside now) ?
3)Phone ?
4)How old are you ?
5)Are you married ?
6)Occupation ?
7)Current rent payment ?
8)Reason for moving out ?
9)How many people will be living in the apartment ?
10)The rent fee available now ?
11)Monthly Income?
12)How long are you willing to stay ?
13)When do you intend to move in ?
14)Do you have a pet ?
15)Do you smoke ?
16)How many Month or Year Do you want to Stay?
17)Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required?
18)Occupant Picture?
19)Reference Details?

Thanks again, i will be waiting to read from you at your earliest convenience with the application filled so that i can proceed with you rent my apartment as soon as you are ready.

Waiting to hear from you soon,

Regards
Thanks..