Room for Rent and other rental scams
#29564 by Con Warner Sun May 30, 2010 5:11 am
Known as Michael Longman
Subject : PROPERTY DETAILS.....: flat

Hi,

I apologies for not replying you so fast,Just that i got busy with work after sending you the other email,The property is still available for rent,And in there are pictures of how the property looks like,But here are further elucidation about the property,The property is a building with beautiful surroundings,I so much believe it,s a property anybody will love to live in,Because it is kept very clean and well decorated in an attractive modern style,It is a property with a classic spacious living room,With master bedrooms which has an in built bathrooms and toilets,Including it,s standard kitchen, A kitchen every lady will love to make use of,My wife never wanted us to vacate the property due to the settings of the kitchen.It is a kitchen every lady will love to cook in,And the property has every necessary homely facilities you might be in need of,The property comprises of reception hallway, large bright lounge with a dining space,Also with luxury fully integrated kitchen, Separated bedrooms, Both with fitted wardrobes master with en suite shower room with designer sanitary ware, Separate bathroom with over bath shower and utility cupboard. Gas central heating. Double glazing.Private residents parking space.As well as you won,t have to worry about the location of the property,Because it is located in a preferable area,with very good transport link.

The Rent Bill............480 per month

Deposit .........500

Regards

Michael

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send money (again via Western Union) in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement