Room for Rent and other rental scams
#227235 by Bryon Williams Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:49 am
Michelle J [email protected]

Thanks for your response to my ad. The flat is two bedroom flat and below is the details of the flat before we proceed.

Flat description:The apartment is situated moments from Guildford's historic High Street, this fantastic two bedroom apartment is well presented throughout and offers a pretty private rear garden.

The apartment is ideally located for the many shops, restaurants and amenities of Guildford's cobbled high street, with the open spaces of Stoke Park and the Spectrum Leisure Centre nearby.

Nearby stations

London Road (Guildford) (0.4 miles)
Guildford (0.5 miles)
Shalford (Surrey) (1.4 miles)

Flat address: Oxford Road, Guildford,Surrey GU1 3RP
Rent per month/bedroom: £450 (All bills are inclusive expect the car parking space.)
Minimum stay: 1 month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract after 12 months
Moving in date: the room is currently available but I'm flexible with moving in date.
Refundable security and damage deposit: £500 (refundable after the end of contract)

sq ft: 680
66 sq m
Room Sizes
Reception room: 20'9 x 14'9 (6.3 x 4.5m)
Bedroom: 14'10 x 9'1 ( 4.5 x 2.8m)
Kitchen: 8'10 x 7'5 ( 2.7 x 2.3m)
Garden: 41' x 24' (12.5 x 7.3m)

The flat amenities are: TV ,CD - DVD - Video,Radio,High-speed Internet with WiFi,Washing, Electric
Kettle,Toaster,Dishwasher,Refrigerator,Machine ,dryer, Heating, iron and Ironing board,Gas cooker,oven,Microwave e.t.c

The pictures of the flat are hereby attached with this email. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Michelle and Scott.

Hi,

Good to read from you, am a live out flat owner currently working and living in Manchester, But I can come up for the viewing on Wednesday only if the apartment will still be available cos there are some other candidate whom are also showing interest to rent the apartment and I'll only deal on first come first serve basis!... Let me know if you will like to reserve this apartment pending our meeting only if you are interested to do so! Hope this is clear to proceed?

Regards,
Michelle and Scott.

Subject: Apartment details with pictures
To: Bryon

Hello,

The flat is as exact the pictures i sent to you and a down payment (security and damage deposit: £500) has to be made in other to reserve the room for you pending our meeting on Wednesday. I have attached you with a copy of my passport ID for a benefit of trust and to know whom you are dealing with. Let me know if you will like to proceed?

Regards,
Michelle and Scott.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement