Room for Rent and other rental scams
#29708 by Con Warner Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:34 pm
Known as "Derick Wilson"
Hi,
Thanks for your email response, i am so excited you are interested in my apartment which i am giving out for rent. Actually the apartment is still very much available for rent. I resided in the apartment with my Husband and our 2 years son,Before we relocated here in West Africa due to my Husband new post as the leading Evangelist here with CHURCH OF GOD THE GOOD SHEPHERD.

The apartment is available for 300 per monthly including the utilities, which i think is not too much, i just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the home and put all my worries off concerning the maintained of the apartment . Since i am not residing there again. As i told you earlier in the apartment listing.

The accommodation comprises of 2 Bedrooms, Bathroom. Kitchen,Breakfast room,Bedroom, Bathroom and a separate WC..Facilities Internet connection,Electronics like satellite TV and which you have to pay for the subscription, a Sony DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system ETC.

The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
Also the keys to the flat are right here with me, and the document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accomplished.

Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment , because that is the only valuable property. So i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you. I will like you to treat the apartment as your own okay.

INFORMATION BELOW IS NEEDED TO DELIVER THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS
APPLICATION FORM.
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Address
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the home?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)Contact number
10)When are you willing to move in?
11)When are you willing to move out?
Pets are no problem.

I will be waiting for your mail so that we can to start to commence on how to the keys and document..

Best Regards.

Once you have filled out the form, you may receive this:
Hello Con Warner
Thanks very much for your reply, and also i can see your willingness in this rent your application form as being approved and you are now qualify for this rent. So as we shall be renting our properties to you, please again take very good care of the apartment so that i might be glad when coming by to see how neat you keep the place. Hope everything about this process is fine with you. However,if you are ready to rent the apartment now, that will not be a problem but we will advice you due to a responsible and reliable person like you, first month rent deposit which the total is Per 300 monthly also we would like to send the following document to you via DHL to the address you provided to me in the application form and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy our apartment immediately. Once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us and i promise you that you will love the apartment.Here are the contents of the packages that will be deliver to you via DHL courier service.

1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details)
3)The House documentary file.
4)First Month Rent Payment Receipt

Receiver's Name:****
Delivery Location:****

So i am with your information here with me and i will like to know whether you are ready for the payment of this first month rent right now so you can move in asap..Let me know If I could forward you the Information on how and where to send the money through any Western Union Money Transfer nearest to you so I can get all the package sent to you immediately.Here is my contact number +2347085943937
Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement