Room for Rent and other rental scams
#29887 by Michelle Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 am
To: Michelle
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: The apartment is a super neighbourhood,quiet,Renovated and furnished in Sheffield
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:30:58 -0700

Thanks for the email I MR. Simon Berger the Property available for rent and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer that makes me and my wife to leave the flat and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, We are here in West Africa , our new flat and also with the keys of the our home, we try to look for an agent that we can give this documents before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our home to be misused in our absence that is why we took it along with us. I and my wife are volunteer with World Mental Health to improve the lives of people with mental illness by providing practical and pragmatic help such as housing, jobs, community. So I hope you will promise us to take very good care of our home. So get back to me on how you could take care of our flat or perhaps experience you have in renting home. Hope you are okay with the 100GBP per Week rent which also includes the utilities with heat laundry facilities, air condition.fill the rental application below.

ADDRESS APARTMENT LOCATION : 5 Sharrow St Sheffield, South Yorkshire S11 8BY, UK

========RENT APPLICATION FORM========

1)Your Full Name______________________________:

2)Your Full Address______________________________:

3)Phone Number______________________________:

4) Sex ______________________________:

5)How old are you______________________________:

6)Are you married______________________________:

7)How many people will be living in the house______________________________:

8 )Do you have a pet______________________________:

9)Do you have a car______________________________:

10)Occupation______________________________:

11)When do you intend moving in : Date ______________________________:

12)When do you intend to moving out : Date ______________________________:

13)Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required ______________________________:

14)Picture of the Occupant______________________________:

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you, we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand, so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this. Please i want you to check the apartment at the address and let me know if you would like it, the Property is locked and i have the keys.

Thanks and God Bless
MR. Simon Berger

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send money (again via Western Union) in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement