Room for Rent and other rental scams
#232390 by Michelle Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:02 am
Date: 16 December 2014 20:04:59 GMT
To: Michelle Banks
Subject: Re: Rent Feb 12-19
Reply-To: Aprat Ment <[email protected]>

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MY APARTMENT: 1 BEDROOM - SLEEPS UP TO 3

Your Dates is available, Feb 12TH – Feb 19TH 2015, 7 nights is $595 (@$85 per night). To secure the Apartment down for your dates 50% of the rental fee will be required = ($297.5) + $500 a fixed refundable damage security deposit, so all you need pay to book down the Apartment for your desire dates is = $797.5 to reserve your dates.

The remaining 50% balance will be paid when you arrive to the apartment and your damage security deposit of $500 will be refunded to you on your departure date.

The apartment is located on: 276 W 54th St, Midtown Manhattan 8th Ave and Broadway New York, NY 10019

The kitchen is fully equipped and has a dishwasher. In the bathroom you can relax thanks to its atmosphere and its great bathtub with shower head. The owner shall provide each tenant with a towel. If you would like more, the flat is fully equipped and furnished. Includes Wi-Fi broadband and a TV Plasma. There are washing machine, heating, hot water and a dryer in the apartment. Amenities includes: Central air conditioning, Parking space available, Refrigerator, microwave, Ice Maker.

We provide blankets and pillows for the maximum capacity of the apartment, free of charge. (The bedroom apartment is allotted of blankets/sheets/pillows - 1 for each bed, and 1 for the sofa bed). The customer can order additional sheets, blankets, and pillows for free

The apartment’s location is ideal for those who want to enjoy their journey. This apartment is part of the most economically attractive proposition you will be offered in your search for a holiday accommodation. The neighborhoods are safe and lively, and many wonderful restaurants just steps away. Order your dinner for delivery and enjoy the view. Subway is just 5 mints from the apartment building.

Offering free shuttle from the airport pick up and drop off.

There are no additional fees included in the price.

I will like to give you one of my tenants who visited last.

Mr. Alexander and his wife visited for 7 nights: [email protected]

Please do get back to me if you are interested so I can issue you a booking form for date reservation and also the payment instructions.

Wait to hear back from you as soon as possible.

Best Regards.
Anthony R. Salinas

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#232391 by Michelle Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:12 am
[email protected]

MODE OF PAYMENT; BANK WIRE
Bank Name: Chase bank
Account Name: Kevin Borucki
Routing Number: 122100024
Account Number: 656732190
Bank Address: 170 W 16th Street Yuma, AZ, 85364
Home Address: S6415 E ASPEN AVENUE MESA, ARIZONA, 85206 USA

Thanks for your help.

Account details noted - MB

#260391 by WFamily Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:57 am
I was scammed out of $1,500 by this guy. He took a VRBO vacation rental listing, and reposted the exact description and pictures on to Craigslist. He sent me an official rental contract, and said that I needed to deposit $1,500 to:
Kevin Borucki
Chase bank account# 656732190
Routing number 122100024. (AC Noted - MB)

I deposited the money in January 2015. This was for a vacation rental in San Diego. When I did not hear back from him, I contacted the phone number that was listed on the actual VRBO listing, and the owner said that this happens a lot.