Room for Rent and other rental scams
#234810 by Michelle Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:02 am
Date: Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: 1 bedroom apt. Evergreen Location.
To: Michelle Banks

Thanks for your interest in my apartment. My name is Adam. I am a citizen of America. The apartment is still available for you to move in. My apartment contain all the latest utilities. I am renting out my apartment due to my missionary work transfer to United State. And i also relocated my family to United State so that I can be closer to them as a family. So, i am renting out my apartment to someone who is responsible and someone who can take proper care of my properties.
You will surely enjoy your stay in my apartment if you can follow the rules and regulation of the apartment.

THE ADDRESS OF THE APARTMENT IS: BLK 185, BISHAN STREET 13, (S)570185, SINGAPORE.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE

OUTSIDE : Barbecue, Disabled Facilities, Allocated Parking Space, Balcony Terrance
INSIDE : Kitchen, 13'0'' x 11'0''( 3.96m x 3.35m ), Bedroom 1 12' 10'' x 10'5'' ( 3.91m x 3.18m ), Bathroom 6'10'' x 5'10'' ( 2.08m x 1.78m ).
Washing machine, American Kitchen Fridge & Freezer, Oven, Microwave, Dish washer, Crockery & Utensils, Bath shower, Hair Dryer and Towels, Internet Dial Up, Internet Broadband Cable/ Satellite, TV, Stereo/ Radio System, DVD Player, DVD/ Music Collection, Land Phone, Fax, Central Heating Air Conditioning.

The Rules Of The Apartment Are As Follows:

1. You don't destroy my apartment because I just renovated the apartment before I traveled due to my transfer.
2. Pet are allow but you need to control them in order not to disturb the neighborhood.
3. You can surely enjoy yourself but do not let your enjoyment in terms of party disturb the neighborhood.
4. You take proper care of the apartment as yours.

*****RENT APPLICATION FORM*****

( Private and Confidential )
1)Your Full Name
2)Your Full Current Address
3)Phone Number & Mobile Number
4)How old are you?
5)Sex
6)How many people will be living in the House?
7) Occupation?
8)When are you ready to Move In? Exact Date?
9)How Many Months are you willing to rent The House?

I have attached the pictures of the inside of my apartment in this mail. My apartment can definitely contain two people.
Looking forward to hearing from you with all these details so that we can proceed.
Await your reply to know if you are ready to take my apartment.
Hope to reading or hearing from you soon.

Thanks

God Bless You

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement