Room for Rent and other rental scams
#234933 by TLW77 Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:39 am
He's still at it unfortunately! I knew it sounded too good to be true! This was for a property in Plympton, MAI received the below and then was informed I was approved 5 mins later and told to send my deposit via moneygram asap for the keys... Of course I was given the runaround when asked if there was anyone local that could show me the property before I sent any $. He rambled on about how he was a Christian and per the Bible Jesus said to never cheat or he will get angry and get you back.. it was actually a very comical response!!!!

Thanks for your interest and inquiries about my house. Yes the house is still available for rent and we are looking for a responsible person/family to occupy and maintain the house. Presently Myself and my family have moved out of the house due to my work transfer to Winston Salem NC for a program called FAMILY LIFE AND HIV EDUCATION AND THE HIV PREVENTION FOR RURAL YOUTH PROGRAM, the program is taking place in three major countries in Europe, Africa, UK . We will be away for 3 to 4 years or more that is why I have made up my mind to put up my house for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it.

Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?
FEATURES : Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, Master Bedroom, Playground, Car Park.AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans, 24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher, Fire pit, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer / Dryer.

DETAILS ABOUT THE HOUSE
Number of bedrooms:4
Number of bathrooms:2
Rental price: $1200 per month and security Deposit is $1000(Security Deposit is Refundable)

Utilities included in monthly rent Pets Welcome.

Below is the address to the house:
( 108 Brook St Plympton, MA 02367)

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM BELOW
RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________?
DO YOU AGREE TO PAY THE DEPOSIT BEFORE YOU MOVE IN? _____________?
HOW MANY MONTHS RENT CAN YOU PAY UPFRONT? MINIMUM ( 1 MONTH + SECURITY DEPOSIT), ( 2 MONTHS + SECURITY DEPOSIT) OR ( 3 MONTHS + SECURITY DEPOSIT)
SO WHICH OPTION DO YOU PREFER? _____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____?

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Awaiting your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you. We may not see, yet we are only putting everything into Gods hand, kindly do not let us down in your taking care of our property and God bless you more as you do this Amen. you can get back to me on this number by texting (815) 782-2329

Regards..
Ervin Urizar
Advertisement

#235002 by TLW77 Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm
I did not say anything to him/her that I posted on here or even that I knew it was a scam- I just haven't replied. His email address is below. Gotta love this response (pasted below)when I asked if there was anyone local with a key that could show me the property before I committed to anything. I also pasted the wiring instrux he had sent me which are similar to what someone had posted above.

man kind <[email protected]>;
Below is my Money Gram information where to send the money to okay....
Receivers name: Ervin Magdiel de león Urizar
Receivers address: 1613 Argonne Blvd
City:Winston Salem
State: North Carolina
Zip code:27107
TEXT QUESTION:WHO CREATED US?
TEXT ANSWER:GOD
As soon as you complete the transaction by Money Gram kindly get back to me with the following information:
Ref#( digits number)
Senders Full Name
Senders Address
Amount Sent

Hello,

Thanks for the email..like i told you in my previous email,the keys to the house and document are here with me and there is no way you could see the inside of the home .what happened is that my transfer here was very urgent that i had no one around to drop the keys to handle the rental on my behalf and this is why i had to come down here with the keys and documents so as to get an honest tenant to rent it out to that will take proper care of the house on our behalf. so you can only drive by to view the house from the surroundings for now and also peek from the windows but you have to be careful due to security reasons.

I understand you perfectly and i also understand your concern but I want you to know something and it's true like the bible said"The truth and only the Truth shall set you free,thus says the lord of host".I'm telling you the truth now as a dedicated Christian is against my doctrine to rip people off there money which they labored so hard for, i did not leave my home all the way here to rip people off any one money.

I know what i have been through in all my trips especially in North Carolina, I'm a human being like you and i have feelings like you do,i also believe that God is watching every step we take that is why i made the house so inexpensive because i believe everybody deserves a home both the rich and the poor so you don't have to be afraid because i know i can trust you that is why I'm giving you my house based on trust.

In The Bible God did said Never cheat on people because if you do he will get Angry, so i don't have any Right to cheat on you because i am a Responsible and God fearing man, i am renting my house to you base on the trust i have in you because i always put you in prayer that God to help you out, My living God review to me that you are the right tenant to rent my house that is the most reason why i am doing all my possible Best to make sure you receive the keys and documents.

And in this life what goes around comes around which is what will happen to me if i rip off your money, believe me i will not want such thing to happen to me or my family.So i don't have any reason to lie to you knowing the consequences involved in it. Once the payment can be confirm today you will be getting the package by tomorrow noon, get back to me with the payment details as it is written on the money gram receipt.

I Await Your Response.

Best Regards.