Room for Rent and other rental scams
#381066 by nikki83 Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:37 am
holy crap! im currently talking to her now! have been for afew days and she even sent me pics and ive given her my bank details to deposit the money to move in and she has just asked me if she puts an extra 950 can i pay the cargo for her as she isnt in australia till the 10th im panicing now as i have given her my bank details what do i do?
she is under ashley owen
Advertisement

#381070 by nikki83 Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:47 am
[quote="nikki83"]holy crap! im currently talking to her now! have been for afew days and she even sent me pics and ive given her my bank details to deposit the money to move in and she has just asked me if she puts an extra 950 can i pay the cargo for her as she isnt in australia till the 10th im panicing now as i have given her my bank details what do i do?
she is under ashley owen
something just didnt feel right i googled and saw this i feel so stupid for falling for it
#381397 by Pariz Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 am
rhysm wrote:Got a message regarding our room for rent (gumtree) from Ashley Owen. Thanks for reporting the scam guys, the scammer has updated their email again.

Email Address: [email protected]

Thank you so much for your quick response. I am 27 years old non smoking single lady coming to Australia. I work as chef on cruise ship at the moment and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I would like you to make the arrangement for the total cost for my first three months rent together with bond. I would also like you to get back to me with your Rent starting date and your address alongside with your post code for me to forward it to my mover to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs from USA to Australia. I will be waiting to read back from you. Cheers

The mail was sent legitimately from Gmail, so not much that can be done aside from mark it as spam and hope google becomes better at detecting the end-user abuse.

Cheers.

The scam is continuing.
[email protected]
The exact same story used.
#381415 by Alexfitness Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:43 am
I also got an email from Ashley Owen, chef after posting a room for rent on Gumtree.
I asked for a passport copy and I even received one and 2 extra photos of her!!
The email text was identical with what is posted in this thread.