Room for Rent and other rental scams
#235402 by Majetak Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:42 pm
Just to inform you that katie cooper's name is now annie josh using the email : [email protected].

Here are the email I got :

Thanks for responding so quickly, my name is Annie . I am 27 year old
non smoker lady coming to Australia. I work as chef on cruise ship at
the moment and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone
calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I will like
you to make the arrangement for the total cost covering my first three
months rent together with bond. I will also like you to get back to me
with your home address for me to forward it to my mover to calculate
the total cost of moving my little stuffs from USA to Australia. I
will be waiting to read back from you.

Cheers.

//

Many thanks for getting back to me again. Everything is fine with me.
I 'm a very social person that respect humanity and this make it so
easy for me to get along with whomever that comes my way in life. I do
have a working visa and I will be arriving on 29 of January from USA
and i will be staying for more than a year in Australia working as a
chef too. I will be transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if
you do not have one, kindly set up an account with them in less than 5
minutes at http://www.paypal.com.au. Alternatively i can as well transfer
the funds into your bank account via my PayPal. If that is fine with
you, please do get back to me with your name on the account, Bsb and
your account number so that i can transfer the funds asap. I will be
so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the
PayPal email address or your bank details. I am paying the rent fee in
advance because i will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to
my employer and also to the immigration at the port of entry to
Australia. Hope to read back from you soon. Cheers.

//

I will be moving in on the 29 Jan. I want to rent the room down prior to my arrival and i am willing to pay a deposit alongside with the bond. Please advise
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations and split.
Advertisement

#243329 by Lidia Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:23 am
I received the exact same email yesterday 25th March 2015 about a 27 year old lady chef on a cruise...wanting to pay 6 months rent by PayPal and asked me to forward funds to a shipping company in China once I received a PayPal receipt $950 with Western Union Money supposedly to ship her things here to Australia from USA as she was unable to do it due to her work schedule

I received 2 of the same email but 2 different names.....
Names are

NELDA WALLACE [email protected]
MARIA ELLIS [email protected]

Also the shipping address she/he supplied was as follows:

Lei Ning
42 Feng Lin Juo Road
Beijing
Zip 100090

Once they asked me forward the funds to the shipping company I replied with the following

"No problem I'm just getting everything sorted with the Fraud Squad of The Australian Federal Police to sort this out"

May I add I didnt hear back from them
#257440 by euroskydolphin Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:25 am
I also received e-mails from this b!tch or could even be a son of a bitch lol.
S/he asked me to deposit $950 into the Chinese Account through Western Union. I said that I wouldn't send anything unless s/he transferred me money via Western Union first.
S/he is using the e-mail address [email protected]
#280456 by mjm88 Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:13 am
Bryon Williams wrote:Please post the emails sent to you.

We will need proof of the scam.

Hi,

Thanks for responding so quickly, my name is Annie. I am 27 year old
non smoker lady coming to Australia. I work as chef on cruise ship at
the moment and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone
calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I will like
you to make the arrangement for the total cost covering my first three
months rent together with bond. I will also like you to get back to me
with your home address for me to forward it to my mover to calculate
the total cost of moving my little stuffs from USA to Australia. I
will be waiting to read back from you.

Cheers.

Exactly the same from "Ashely Owen" a few hours later, this got my suspicions up so I googled them (I haven't and will not respond after reading the boards here)

Hey #########,

Thank you so much for your quick response. My name is Ashley. I am 27 years old non smoking single lady coming to Australia. I work as chef on cruise ship at the moment and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I will like you to make the arrangement for the total cost covering my first three months rent together with bond. I will also like you to get back to me with your Rent starting date and your address alongside with your post code for me to forward it to my mover to calculate the total cost of moving my little stuffs from USA to Australia. I will be waiting to read back from you. Cheers.
#281175 by Tal Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:32 am
mjm88 wrote:I just got hits from "Annie Josh" [email protected] and "Ashely Owen" [email protected]

I just got a txt from Ashley Owen asking me to email [email protected] about my listing on gumtree. There was no phone number, the ID just came up as INFO.

I'm new to gumtree myself but seemed odd to get a txt message asking me to email them rather than them responding through the site so I searched their email address and ended up here.

I sent a reply to say I knew they were a scammer and there was no reply pleading innocent so I'm sure they're definitely a scammer.
#284301 by cranborn Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:19 am
I just got a reply as well:

Ashley Owen <[email protected]> Today at 7:29 PM
To
Allan & Shelly
Message body
Hey Allan,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I am 27 years old non smoking single lady coming to Australia. I work as chef on cruise ship at the moment and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I will like you to make the arrangement for the total cost covering my first three months rent together with bond. I will also like you to get back to me with your Rent starting date and your address alongside with your post code for me to forward it to my mover to calculate the total cost of moving my little stuffs from USA to Australia. I will be waiting to read back from you. Cheers.
#290135 by Shin Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:19 am
And I got this from Ashley Owen - [email protected]
Her/ His other emails are similar to the ones above. This is the most recent one.
She also posted pics of herself.....which I can't load up....unless the admin can advise me?

Hello Xxxx,

Many thanks for getting back to me again. Everything is fine with me. I 'm a very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whomever that comes my way in life. I will be staying in Australia for 1 year and at the same time working as a chef. I will be arriving on 5th of April from USA. I will like you to remove the room advert from Gumtree because it has been taken by me already. I will be transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have one, kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes at http://www.paypal.com.au Alternatively i can as well transfer the funds into your bank account via my PayPal. If that is fine with you, please do get back to me with your name as it is on your account, Bsb and your account number so that i can transfer the funds asap. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal email address or your bank details. I had attached pics of myself for you to know me better. I am paying the rent fee in advance because i will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer and also to the immigration at the port of entry to Australia. Hope to read back from you soon. Cheers.

[url][/url]
#290792 by sspin83 Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:05 am
Furthur to add to the last post I got this from Ashley Owen - [email protected] as well some dialogue etc

Hello xxxx,

Many thanks for getting back to me again. Room 3/3 is fine with me. I 'm a very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whomever that comes my way in life. I will be staying in Australia for 1 year and at the same time working as a chef. I will be arriving on 15th of April from USA. I will like you to remove the room advert from Gumtree because it has been taken by me already. I will be transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have one, kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes at www.paypal.com.au Alternatively i can as well transfer the funds into your bank account via my PayPal. If that is fine with you, please do get back to me with your name as it is on your account, Bsb and your account number so that i can transfer the funds asap. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal email address or your bank details. I had attached pics of myself for you to know me better. I am paying the rent fee in advance because i will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer and also to the immigration at the port of entry to Australia. Hope to read back from you soon. Cheers.
#301120 by couchman Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:21 am
Thank you so much for your quick response. I am 27 years old non smoking single lady coming to Australia. I work as chef on cruise ship at the moment and i have limited time to surf the internet and also phone calls is also strictly limited due to nature of my work. I would like you to make the arrangement for the total cost covering my first three months rent together with bond. I would also like you to get back to me with your Rent starting date and your address alongside with your post code for me to forward it to my mover to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs from USA to Australia. I will be waiting to read back from you. Cheers

Ashley Owen

Hello xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you so much for your kindness. Honestly you have safe a soul today. I would like to inform you that i have completed the payment for the rent and the funds has been deducted from my account, kindly check your email address Inbox or Spam folder for the payment notification receipt from PayPal. I will like you to kindly transfer the shipping agent fee today because payment must be confirmed before the agent will pick up and deliver my luggage. I do not want to reschedule the date to avoid being charged more. Below is the details of my shipping agent where the sum of $950.00 AUD is to be sent to because you only need the name and address for western union money transfer. I added extra $100 to cover western union charges making $2,690.00 AUD in total. All you need to do is to go to the western union outlet with the cash at any post office near you, ask for money transfer form and then fill the form accordingly.

Mover Agent Info

First Name: Fangxu
Last Name: Lu
Address: No.3033 Shennan East Road,
Luohu district,
Shenzhen 518001,

P.R. China.

Just in case the agent at the western union outlet ask if you know the person you are sending the funds to, Just make it known to him/her that the funds is meant for a friend or family. For a cheap and low transfer charges.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Googled the shipping agents address and found it. No. 3033 Shennan East Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen, China is the address of the Shenzhen Yuehai Hotel.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information and added quotations.
#323109 by beobo Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 am
I have just received the exact same email with the name of Ashley Owen

"Thank you so much for your kindness. Honestly you have safe a soul today. I would like to inform you that i have already transferred the funds for the rent and the funds has been deducted from my account, kindly check your email address Inbox or Junk folder for the payment notification receipt from PayPal. I will like you to kindly transfer the shipping agent fee today because payment must be confirmed before the agent will pick up and deliver my luggage. I do not want to reschedule the date to avoid being charged more. Below is the details of my shipping agent where the sum of $950.00 AUD is to be sent to via Western Union because you only need the name and address for Western Union money transfer to pick up agent. I added extra $100 to cover the Western Union charges making $3,130.00 AUD in total. All you need to do is to do it online or go to any post office near you with the cash, ask for Western Union money transfer form and then fill the form accordingly.

Pick up by Agent/Receiver Info

First Name: Meng
Last Name: Yao
Address: No.3033 Shennan East Road,
City: Luohu district,
State: Shenzhen
Post Code: 518001

Just in case the agent at the Western Union outlet ask if you know the person you are sending the funds to, Just make it known to him/her that the funds is meant for a friend or family. For a cheap and low transfer charges."