Room for Rent and other rental scams
#235670 by brutus1568 Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:22 pm
CLhouston >housing >apts/housing for rent
reply x prohibited[?] Posted: 2 days ago
$600 / 1br - Best Deal In The City - Can'T Go Wrong With This Apt! (Spring Branch)
image 1

image 1image 2image 3image 4
1BR / 1.5Ba apartment available now
laundry in bldg off-street parking
cats are OK - purrr dogs are OK - wooof

Looking to rent out a 1 bed room condo w/ great features including large spacious rooms, spacious kitchen with an entire size electric range & fridge, together with mostly hardwood floors with a few tile and carpet. The majority of utilitites are discussed in the building and incorporated in the rent and there is access to washing, plus a spot in the parking lot. Presently there are hookups for other things you would like like television and web. Additionally you get the covered parking spot. Make sure you email for more information. I am scheduling tours associated with the location starting the next day.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4862327091 posted: 2 days ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]
Please flag discriminatory housing ads
Avoid scams, deal locally! DO NOT wire funds (e.g. Western Union), or buy/rent sight unseen
© 2015 craigslist help safety privacy feedback cl jobs terms about mobile

Hi xxxxxxxxx,

I hope things are good. The apartment is here still to rent. We thought we had the place leased to a couple that we gave a personal tour to, but now it seems that they are no longer relocating, so we need to lease to keep searching for a tenant. You were the 2nd one to show interest about it.

I bet you want the exact address of the place, but my husband doesn't want me to advertise the address as a standard precaution. Last time we did that without verifying people, it was broken into and vandalized. As you can imagine, we want to avoid that! We setup a walk through after you have recieved your credit report. You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. For the FIRST time, we are allowing pets at this property. The rental term is one year, but can be switched into a 6-month term if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

If you would like to set up an appointment, go to the link below and request a copy of your credit report. We recommend this site because all of our tenants used it and haven't had any problems. Just fill out the form and indicate that you want the report. We aren't interested in specifics of your score, it's more of a formality to have it on file with our property insurance. Simply get your report CLICK HERE

Keep in mind that you only have to bring your report to the tour. We'll waive your security deposit if your score is above 570+.

Please let me know when you grab your report. I can then schedule you for a showing of the place.

See you soon,
Leah Rodgers

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 17:36:18 -0800
From
Subject: Best deal In The City - Can'T Go Wrong With This Apt!
To: [email protected]

Hi.

I saw your ad and would like to get more information about the apartment. I noticed you listed it in Spring Branch area. I work close to the area (Beltway 8 and Hammerly). Could you tell what the closest cross streets are? Also, if you would, send me any information regarding utilities and such. I am looking to move by March first. Possibly sooner.

I can be reached at this E-mail address;

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks and have a great day!

Sincerely,
xxxxxx
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#235671 by Bryon Williams Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm
Yes, this is a rental scam. In this particular rental scam the scammer wants you to pay for a bogus credit credit check.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/