Room for Rent and other rental scams
#238808 by Michelle Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:14 pm
Date: Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:06 AM
Subject: Re: Gorgeous 2br Home Recently Updated W/Kitchen Flooring And Counter tops

Greetings! Thank you for admiring our post. In order to avoid irrelevant questions, please it's important you read this carefully and if you don't feel comfortable renting from me after reading this, please ignore this email i will understand no offense taken. My wife own this email but am using it now. My wife and I are in need of any sincere and honest tenant to rent this property to. This home is located at 7912 Glencoe Dr
Huntington Beach, CA 92647. Our situation right now makes it difficult to find someone to rent to, due to we're in west Africa on a missionary purpose. We came here voluntary to help and teach the underprivileged ones here. I am Bishop Marcel Corey and Mrs Anna Robyn D Corey happens to be my wife. I was a renter before and i know how hard core some Landlord can become, but trust me when i say you're lucky because am not the type to frustrate my tenant. Please we have no one local to show the home, we hope to work this out in faith and understanding. I understand if after reading this you decided otherwise about the offer. We have learnt the act of putting things into God's hand and I belief by God's grace i will find a beautiful and understanding soul to work with me. You should count yourself lucky to meet with this offer, because we decided to make it affordable $1300 per month (rent already include utilities; Water, Trash, Electricity et.c). The
realtors to handle the property, is to handle for a higher price due to commission issues. It was expensive and i really don't want it to look like am after the money but a proper care of the property, though money is needed but most importantly the care of the home. The document and keys are with us but we have no problem getting it to you if you can work with us. Please understand me and do not think otherwise about this I promise you won't regret it.

Property Basics;

Bedroom: 2.
Bathroom: 1.
sq feet: 896ft²
Rent: 1000
Security deposit: 300
Pets Allowed(hopefully trained ones)
Lease Term: Short or long is acceptable.

Please if you are ready now to occupy the home kindly provide the information below for your paper work and I will be happy to give you a call, because it is best we speak over the phone.

LEASE APPLICATION FORM

FULL CONTACT NAME?
OCCUPATION?
RESIDENTIAL HOME ADDRESS?
YOUR CELLPHONE NUMBER?
YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBER?
YOUR WORKPLACE NUMBER?
BEST TIME TO REACH YOU?
AGE & MARITAL STATUS?
OWN A PET?
OWN A CAR?
HOW MANY PEOPLE SHALL RESIDE IN THE PREMISES?
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND TO RENT?
ANTICIPATED MOVE IN DATE?
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT?
REFERENCE?
FAMILY PICTURES IF ANY?

Best of regard
Bishop Marcel Corey
You can reach me through this number +2348089297731. If you can call internationally i will be happy to speak with you.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement