Room for Rent and other rental scams
#31066 by Michelle Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 am
[email protected] :-

Recieved on 17/6/10 -

Hello

Viewing the house is not a problem. But i will like you to do a thing. I guess you will understand this.It's in the policy my Solicitor has told me and i wish to abide by it. I won't get any money from you now. So you will do a thing to make me believe you really need the Property.I have been fooled several times and I had to travel a long journey with my Solicitor to meet people who wants to view my property and at the end of the day they tell me they want to stay in the Property for a month before they would pay me. I don't want this to happen to me anymore so My Solicitor has advised me that I have to be sure that who so ever is renting my property should be capable of paying the cost of the rent. You will go to the nearest WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER around you,Send to your Friend send the sum of 1,100pounds in WESTERN UNION. The money will still be within you and your friend. I am not ready to get any money from you as i have said. All I need to see is the WESTERN UNION copy of receipt giving to you. Scan the WESTERN UNION receipt and send it as an attachment to my email just for me to view it and be sure you are ready to get the property. after viewing the property, and you really like it,
You can go together to the WESTERN UNION location agent or bank around here to get the 1,100 pounds back and we can reach an agreement on how you will move into the property. I will pay back to you the charges you will be using in sending the money in WESTERN UNION. If you don't understand, Here is an examples of how to do it....this is my contact number 07024085872 or +447024085872

SENDERS NAME....................YOUR NAME

RECEIVER' NAME...................YOUR FRIEND NAME.

AMOUNT SENT.....................1,100POUNDS.

and scan the copy of receipt to me in an email just for me to view it.
and then i can pick you up and show you the property.

Best Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement