Room for Rent and other rental scams
#31137 by Kim Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:51 pm
Split from a Victim Support Topic - Michelle

This is also a scam! I haven't seen this email address on these forums, but it is for sure a scam, so here's what I received;

(from:)
[email protected]

Thanks for your reply, I can make reservation for you.

More so, owing to my past unpleasant experience of inviting intending tenant to view my flat without confirming if they are actually able to pay their rent at the right time has caused me a great discomfort and as such do not want to experience it anymore, because i have to travel all the way from Scotland to take interested candidate round my flat. I have discovered over the years that Some outside tenants do not have the money to pay the rent and yet they disturb the the landlord to arrange a viewing with their friend or relative who are in Bournemouth, also some do not meet up with the appointments which has led to the dismissal of some landlords in office by there employees.

However, you will need to make a reservation deposit but before that,my lawyer will need some few information from you to draft a contract which you'll print and bring along with you on your arrival date to my flat.

Your full name:
Present address:
Confirmed move-in date:
Purpose of visit to the UK:

Kindly get back to me with this information so that i can forward it to my lawyer in time.

Best Regards

Mrs Elmar Balog
Advertisement

#31141 by Ralph Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:20 pm
Yes Kim, well spotted, it is indeed a scam.

Thank you for posting

There are several mistakes in that email that are telltale signs of a scam, no doubt a few searches on sections of the script will reveal exact matches.